litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Cobra Alarm

ade

First experience this morning using mmc discs in the soaking wet, an interesting experience! At least waterproofing the top last week pretty much stopped all the drips soaking me on the way to work. Took someones' advice on my first upgrade and installed a tea towel - a lotus owner should always know where his towel is.

Anyway, back to the point. Have a '98 S1 with the Cobra alarm and microwave sensor, it all arms OK and intrusion & microwave detection works, but only the hazards flash without sounding the horn. Is it possible to disable the horn or is it just buggered? Was going to open up the top of the dash and have a look - allready checked the wiring to the sounder in the passenger footwell. :unsure:

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mine's a 96 S1 with the later cobra alarm (I can't remember the model number) fitted in 1998 when the original one went tit's up.

My horn doesn't sound either.

Also.... if I press the button it arms the alarm and imobiliser. If I don't press it then it just times out and set's the imobiliser only. Either way, the lights flash twice.

Is this correct?

I've had the alarm go off as I was scrambling my way into the car and it's not an experience I want to repeat. I didn't know whether to continue to use my arms to support me whilst getting in, start pressing the buttons on the remote and fall in, or reach for my ever present tea towel and ram it in my ears. I ended up tying to do all three at once, you can imagine the rest.

That's exactly how my system behaves - immobiliser activates automatically after about 60secs, pressing the large button on the remote activates alarm & immobiliser.

Pressing the small button appears to have no effect whatsoever, according to the service manual this is supposed to disable the microwave sensor between the seats?

My alarm tell-tale on the dash always flashes, never constant.

The immobiliser switching itself on after 60secs is one of the features that makes it a CAT1 alarm system. It is normal.

On my fob, the lower button does deactivate the interior sensor when pressed after the button to arm the alarm.

My telltale flashes when disarmed and is steady when it is armed, however every other elise i have seen it is the otherway round????

HTH

mines a 97 btw

Archived