litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Another Thanks To Horizon!

Ladders

Dropped my car off at Horizons and Tuesday to get the Geo done after fitting my S2 suspension.

Was a fairly long drive for me and I managed to get lost for an hour trying to find the place :blush:

Just make sure you get off the M5 at junction 3 as there instructions and not junction 2 like I did!

When I arrived Mike and Wendy are very friendly, and got dropped off at the Merry Hill shopping centre while my car was worked on. Good way to pass the time if you have to hang around, but my wallet took a bit of a caning!

Well thats when I got the bad news! I was hoping my tyres would last untill my Walshy day on the 11th, but Mike told me that the inside fronts of the tyres had worn to the canvas! :D

Apparently the front toe was so bad that it had prematurly worn the tyres. Which was annoying as I had asked a local garage that I had trusted, to set the toe after Bruce had fitted new Track Rod ends. From how seized the track adjusters were, I think the garage had just told me they'd set the toes and not bothered actually doing it!

That meant fitting new tyres as well. Luckily Wendy rang around and managed to get me another set of Bridgestone SO3's at a very good price. Did toy with Advans but not sure if they're really worth all that extra cash? (bit annoying as a friend told me yesterday that he's got a nearly brand new set of Advans for sale! :) )

Anyway, after being lent a loan car (hope it wasnt to dirty Sol! :) I went home and picked the car up the next day. Thanks to Mike who waited until about half nine so I could pick the car up, how many garages would do that!

The first thing I noticed driving home was that the ride felt a lot more supple than before. After fitting the S2 susp I was a bit dissapointed at how harsh the ride was, feels fine now. I also wasnt fighting with the steering now as well. My arms sometimes really ached after driving the car recently, and only realised this after driving it home last night.

So all in all I'm very happy with the service and the car. Good to go to a garage with good old fashioned customer service - seems to have died out averywhere else. :D

PS, anyone interested in a nearly new rear Bridgestone SO3 225x50x16?

Dave

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe we should have Horizon stickers on the back of our cars - not MLOC ones? :)

I'm praying for rain on the 11th, Dave, as I don't think we'll survive the ride home from North Weald with the tyres we've got if it's dry.

Glad everything seems more planted now. It's not a surprise that we can't trust some garages. Steve's Audi needs to go back to Kwik Fit for the 6th time to try and get the wheels balanced correctly as they just say they do them and don't even touch them.

Maybe we should have Horizon stickers on the back of our cars - not MLOC ones? :)

Doesnt Scotts have already! :blush:

Think the 11th will be the ideal way to wear the new tyres in. Not to much thought I hope! :D

I've booked a room as well for the Sun now Fiona, think it's the best thing as like Steve says, dont fancy having to drive for hours first thing in the morning!

Mine are on the side and in the rear window :) Side ones coming off as soon as i am well enough to wach the car again though.

Glad you like the geo too :D

Surprised you went for S03's again and not Toyo... or were just the fronts worn?

Scott, actually I was going to try the Toyo's but at the moment there is a countrywide wait of 4 weeks for the 195 section tyres.

Like I said I was thinking about Advans but like we were saying, are they really worth 100 quid more!?

I've got on well with the Bridgestones so though I'd give them another go.

Looking forward to pushing the car round corners to see how the geo's improved things. Last night though new tyres + wet rounds = caution :D

Shame cos I overtook a Porsche GT3 on the M69, he came round me and ragged it towards the island to come off to Leic's, but I had to hold back a bit. I did overtaking him on another roundabout and he pulled level and we gave each other a grin :) , so they're not all bad! :blush:

Archived