litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

News And Views On The Dta Ecu (ecm)

Zircon450

Looking at an Emerald, but QED go in the other direction with DTA, which fits with my idea of D2HTB's.

Anyone got any data log results they are willing to share ?

We are going to dual drive in the Curborough 2005 Sprint Championship next year, tons of mods free in class 2L (Lotus up to 2.2L) come on you dudes and dudettes, lets get some of you on a competing run - the circuit !

Looking to set the electronics to cope with whatever way we go engine mods.

Tyres, brakes, and susp first, but want to go 3D engine map really. (Yes I know Ladders, you don't like puffs of smoke up your @rse !)

Want to be able to swap MAPS for road use and track use via laptop.

Need some help/support, any suggestions most welcome.

Anyone else want details of the Championship at Curborough let me know.

Tango & Kim (By the way she is now a Junior Member - Squiffers)

:)

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have just asked a mte of mine, apparantly the DTA is as good as the Emerald, but the Emerald has better support - i.e. they can email you a map for certain Piper cams etc....

Random aside, there is a carbon airbox for the DTHTB's currently on eBay - if you are going that way it could be a cheap buy.

You would be able to use an Emerald with DTHTB's anyway, would you not?

My new steed has Jenvey D2HTB's, a DVA carbon ducted airbox and an Emerald ECU.

With fewer in circulation, the DTA route might be better if you went to QED for the whole set of mods, whereas Emerald seem to be more flexible. Plus for £200 or less, you can take your car to Emerald and they'll produce you a bespoke map straight off the rolling road.

Graeme

Emerald seem to be more flexible

Thanks both for coming back.

Graeme, am intrigued by the flexible comment, also on your new beasty, what wiring loom has been fitted, I'm guessing its quite a hook up.

I'm also unable to find any direct comparison blurb between the to ECU's features, or rather sales blurb.

Obviously brings in questions like single or twin coil packs etc.

So Jenvey's Graeme, up there with the BTCC boys now then !

Hope this thread inspires a few other responses. (clean ones please)

:wine:

Most folk on SELOC have Jenvey's, Bernard Scouse airbox and Emerald...

So i reckon that seems a good route to take, however QED are hardly a bad name to be using!!!

SteveB (Steve Butts) on SELOC uses his for hill climbs and runs about 225bhp from the std K... he's spent a lot on it, but its apparantly very reliable. Might be worth asking him some thoughts.

Hmm... novel then, i guess they'd be shooting themselves in the foot if they limited themselves to only working in limited applications.

Who knows! You could certainly do worse than using QED though, thats for sure!

Archived