litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Rear View Mirror

lesstatt

Ok, bit of a strange one this, i've managed to knock this off with my head ( Dont ask and yes it did hurt ), but i cant get it to go back on very well, i've tried those sticky pads from halfords but they seem to have a sponge middle and the vibration was terrible, couldn't see a thing, any one got any suggestions, if not i have to autowindscreens and ask them nicely to please glue it ??

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Halfords sell a glue for sticking rear view mirrors back on. IIRC About £3.49. I brought some on Saturday for the g/friends car. I have used it on a few cars in the past including a race car and it worked well. No problems with vibration etc. Only problem is that it is so good if you need to replace the windscreen you will also need to get a new mirror.

Hope that helps

Another tip i picked up somewhere to stop vibration is to drill a small hole in the top of the mirror and fill the mirror with sand. I havnt tried it my self but apparently it stops the vibration perfectly.

Archived