litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Feedback Please

Steve J

Before I buy some bits and bobs I'm looking for feedback from anyone who has these mods.

Gear Linkage Kit

Short Shifter

SS braided brake hoses

So:-

Are they any good?

Best/cost effective place to get them from?

Cheers

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have heard gear linkage is good - some complaints of slighty too stiff (no direct experience)

Short shift, looks odd, i'm convinced it puts more pressure on gearbox as shorther throw... technically a good buy though (no direct experience)

SS hoses - had them fitted by Mike last week.... now i'm used to them, they are great, much more feel, more confidence etc... initially it was weird as i nearly locked up a few times, but now i'm fine with them... the slight sponginess on first press has gone and they just bite. Deffo recommend them.

Think they were about £140 supplied and fitted - inc VAT.

They charged a lot less than that Steve!

There is 2 hours labour involved, plus fluid.... so do the maths :D

I prefer a one stop solution anyway, rather than waiting on someone to deliver etc Horizon supply Goodridge hoses anyway so send all the business their way - at least that was my thought.

Steve - more helpfully if you could get all of these done and then let me know if it's worth it, that would be most useful. Am also thinking about nitrons, AO48s and oz as well so if you kind find yourself a way clear to do that too...go on, TAGL.

Kristian :D

Yeh right !

I'd love nitrons, A048s and oz wheels but I've had enough trouble getting these past SWMBO  :D

Go on though. You'd be doing me a favour since Simon sold his car before I got to go in it. :D

In fact I'd go further. The cheek of not doing is is almost too much. I've a good mind to ....well probably do nothing actually, but go on go on go on go on go on etc Mrs Doyle stylee anyway. :D

Ok I will then!

So long as you get the engine Dave Andrewed to 200bhp so I can test it first :D

Archived