litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Goodbye Lotus Number 2

malbon

Said goodbye to my second 111s this afternoon as the new owner drove off into the distance. He lives in Leicester so i have pointed him towards the website and the car is still sporting the MLOC sticker.

Just here now waiting for my Punto hire car to be delivered :bleh: and am probably going to go for a Renault Clio Cup for a while till I get fed up and then go for a S1 111s again :D

Too many downsides to owning the car at the moment with my new 'crib' not having parking and the car owing probably more than I can afford.

No doubt ill be checking the website and no doubt ill be back in the fold by the end of the......month :(

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shame you had to let it go - apparently a good S1 111S is getting quite difficult to get for the right money. Somebody offered to buy mine off me in a pub a few weeks ago - said he had been told that Lotus only made around 1500 in total.

Ladders...your not wrong :P but at least i knew that it was a peach and not to let it go for a smaller if Bruce was offering cash !

It really is the nicest condition one ive seen.

and no diddly doubt ill be back before too long. the market is too unstable at the moment tho. blame it on the S2's !

it was rock steady this time last year. buying an s1 was more of an investment rather than a depreciating asset but all good things come to an end.

ill give myself 2 months :)

pick up a clio cup tomorrow ! its not got quite the same exitement as when i picked up my first lotus.

now that was a night to remember :)

Yep, I'm to scared to look in Autotrader to see how much mines worth at the mo!

Hopefully level off and hold there value soon?

Think the Clio would be what I'd go for if I was in your position, you'll have to give us a report!

Ps if you every fancy a Pax ride on one of the runs give us a shout!

Just picked the cup up this evening and first impressions are good. Obviously doesnt have the road stability of the elise but for punch and for throwability its right up there.

time will tell.

Simon..still in kings newton but will be living parallel with you on the north side ! in about 2 or 3 weeks hopefully !

look out for a 53 plate cup with a lotus driver in the driving seat :)

They are quick. Acceleration is good but its got to be in a straightline or u lose power through the understeer.

doesnt feel that much slower down the straight but the suspension is too soft to accelerate hard into corners and to brake heavily due to weight transfer and body roll.

Saying that the susp isn't THAT soft. Feels like my old S2000.

and yes. looking at a chip and filter !

might get a kenwood sticker while im at it :)

Archived