litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Stuttering On Accelaration?!

JAMES

For a few days now my S2 has been stuttering when I accelarate in all gears. It jerks around and is starting to get on my nerves now! I'm crap at all the technical things to do with my car so don't have any idea what it may be! The temperature is fine and everything else seems normal apart from this. Although it does sound like a diesel sometimes ;)

The car is due for a service next month which I hope will cure my car but until then does anyone know what the problem could be?!

Cheers for any help :D

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems to just do it when accelarating ;)

It runs out of warranty next month but not really got much time to take it in :( I'm just hoping it's going to be something that will come to light in the service, and get sorted!

Also is there anywhere cheaper than Nick Whale for an A service?! Sinclaires is £180 which is ideal but would prefer somewhere closer! I want a stamp in my book :D

If it doesn't have to be a genuine dealer (i guess not as you mentioned Sinclaires) then Horizon. Easy answer to that question - they charge £85 + vat.

If it has to be a genuine dealer, then the cheapest in the UK is Fibreglass Services in Brighton at £99 + VAT.

£85 + vat :clap:

Thats more like it! Sent them an email so hopefully will be booking it in at Horizon. Had a look at there website and it looks like a decent place too.

Cheers for that Scott :)

D'oh, good point!

Check plugs and HT leads.... spray them with WD40 first, if that fixes it great - if there is a large build up of crap on them then yes they need changing - would be part of the service though i think... but am not sure.

Long time ago but i had a similar problem (I'm not telling what car it was though) mine was solved by replacing the spark pug leads. Apparently they had slightly coroded allowing water to sneak in around the plugs. Shouldnt really happen in a new lotus but if the cables were slightly loose when fitted it is feasable.

Ally

i was going to say check spark plugs and leads are all attacted aswell, its the simply things that normally tend to go wrong before any thing major, even u could check that james.........lol

Archived