litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Supercar Sunday

Mark A

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been in the past and it's basically a selection of expensive machinery parked on the 2 areas in front of the museum. Everything including Ferrari's lambo's, Porsche, TVR, Lotus, Jaguar (XJ220's), Aston, apparantly a Koniegsegg as well this year, the De Loreon club are usually there in force. There is some info on Pistonheads, and probably on the BMIHT website. Some owners take people out for passenger runs for charity etc.

My pass etc is apparantly in the post.

http://www.heritage.org.uk/events/events.htm#sunday

It is a good day, at some stage they let them rag it down a the straight from the carpark to the main building, good to watch. Then leaving at the end of the day with the Lambo guys was fun on the Fosse!

In Cornwall @ the weekend so will miss it.

I'd be up for that but got to take the Elise to NW for a week's B and B as they try to work out what is causing the squeak.

May pop along in the Audi afterwards.

Fiona

Large number of esprits there today as well as a good selection of Ferrari's lamborghini's and a few Vipers etc.

Picture was early in the day just after a downpour, it did dry up.

post-2-1087746720.jpg

In fact it rained so hard i posted the picture twice (or maybe i'm a bit clumsy!) Then again i had to bale the car out twice.

Steve Berry was commentating - seemed fascinated by the scissor doors on the lambos and gullwings on the deloreans (parade of 18 cars, all with their doors open - quite a sight). Nasty heavy things these doors, and completely unnecessary in my opinion!

And the sun did come out.

I was there, was a good day, i loved the ultimas.

I ended up parking in the show area by accident, you can see my elise behind the yellow esprit in the second pic down.

Does anyone know which car won the Supercar award? I had to leave before they announced it.

And it rained so hard my digi camara got wet and broke.

Lambo Murcelago got the supercar award. I parked in the public parking then realised i prob could have got into the display area.

And people were paying for rides in en elise :tup:

Nice to see MLOC sticker on the display line up tho ;)

Winning lambo and super rich git owner

post-2-1087981298.jpg

Don't think the Lambo was privatly owned as the guy driving it was interviewed by Steve Berry early on and he seemed to be suggesting the guy was from Lamborghini UK or similar.

Nice car in even nicer colour!!!

Archived