litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

The Peak District

jaye.tillson

I spent the weekend in the Peak District, walking, cycling and generally just chilling out after a few hard weeks at work. I have to say that the area is just fantastic for chilling out. Everyone is so chilled out and nothing bothers them, and on a BIG plus side, I took the Lotus and the roads are just quality. Did a early morning blast and a late night blast, what fun. Filled up with fuel after the trip and I had averaged 42mpg!

;):lol:

Jaye

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to travel up there on business quite often but since I often end up with passengers and luggage end up going in the sensible car, and resent the swines for preventing me from using the elise. Now that summer's here I can feel several spurious business trips coming on though. Also trying to persuade my chairman to open a site in Devon but the begger's not shifting at the moment... ;)

Yup. I love the Peaks - but it does get a bit busy with tourists.

You definitely had the weather for it. Are you going to make the trip up for the Nottingham run? There are some good roads - though not as spectacular scenery - further east as well.

Fiona

Fione, I have a lot of business trips on at the moment (USA, Sweden, Italy) so its hard to fit time in to be at home and also go on runs. I will however try ;)

I will be at Hethel for the 50th meet and at Bruntingthorpe tho.

Jaye

Jaye

Exactly my sentiments which is why I live in Matlock, having moved from London. Agree with Fiona about the tourists at the weekend, sometimes it's diffcult to leave Matlock beacause of all the traffic, and the Police are getting far more active with their safety vans on the A6.

Plus sides:

Cliche but people are friendlier up north, easy acces to fantastic countryside for mountain-biking, great roads for driving, cheaper houses - although in the three years I have been here there has been a massive rise, relatively crime free..

Negatives:

Very small town mentality, some people never even leave Derbyshire, difficult to get things, decent builders etc. - lack of choice, need to commute to for certain jobs/salary etc. for example I'm an architect and commute to Brum everyday.

But all in all would not move back to London or to Brum ;) if you paid me! :)

Sorry the wheels were sold or you could have used it as another excuse or to get up here - see you at BoB.

Regards

John :)

Archived