litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Arse, Sh!t, Feck, Bugger.

ipanter

Saturday, as usual i wandered over to my garage to get my baby out, i opened the garage door to find 9 or 10 pieces of a flatpack wardrobe had fallen off a high shelf straight onto the front of the car, arrrghhh. Anway i lifted off the wood, expecting to find cracked fibreglass, but was surprised to find only a few scuffs, that i think will polish out. :clap:

Anyway, if that wasn't bad enough i reversed the car out of the garage, down the driveway, onto the road and straight back into a parked car double arrgh. :wacko:

It didn't do too much damage, see the attached pic, but can i have your recomendations for where to get it repaired, and if you have had any similar work done, it would be great if you could give me an idea of how much you think it may cost.

I can't believe how bad my luck was.

post-2-1086603670.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ouch. Not a good day.

I would guess youre looking at about £500 all in. Apparently the place up the road from Nick Whales is good but there has also been a recommendation for some place in rugby. On the somers raod industrial estate IIRC.

Hope you get it fixed soon - and quickly so you dont miss the good weather!!

steve B)

Ian

Hard luck - one of those days to forget!

Try Clive at C J Tallis in Nutts Lane, Hinckley, LE10 3EJ. 01455 890500. Sorted out the front of mine and also blew over the sills and door mirrors while he was at it. Does a fair bit of motorsport & classic cars and mine certainly wasn't the first Elise he'd seen. Also a good 20% under the other two prices I'd had (non-insurance).

Graeme

Nasty.

Really dents your pride too, doesn't it?

I had a coming together with a pipe in my work car park as I was reversing into a space a few years back. I'd seen these guys putting new pipes round the walls but didn't twig that this would alter the space I'd have to park. So I hoofed it in as normal thinking I had about 2 feet to go only to hear this loud bang. Pipe came off worse, though.

Made sure I moved spaces in case it was sewage or something....

Fiona

Hello mate, As you can see i have joined, very impressed too. Unlucky with the motor. After fridays anticks i felt inspired to go for another gentle country meander on saturday morning and very nearly ended up with a lot more damge than on your rear end. All i can say is thank god for new brake pads and toyos!!!! Serious evasive manouvers were required when some inconsiderate so and so decided to appear around the courner during my overtake Doh, no harm done though (just). Only expense incurred was plying my co -driver (Em) with copious amounts of fine wine to settle her nerves (some people have no sense of adveture). Big lesson learned. Have ordered front set today and having fitted weds so will let you no when you can pick up the P0's

Thanks all for your comments B)

Graeme, i'll give clive a call later and perhaps go and see him.

Steve, is that place a bit further up consul road than the 1st bodyshop you come to? someone else mentioned one up there to me and said they were good.

Alex, good to see you on here, i'll expect to see you on some runs soon.

Ian

I dont know - Ive never used them but they were mentioned on here a while back. If you said their name, i probably remember them! or you could try a search.

steve B)

I'm not sure of the name of the company, but, goodish news anyway; i have just had a quote from a chap who will sort out the rear and also the cracks i have on the nearside front wheel arch, all for a price of £300 sweeeeet. All i need to do is get a new Lotus sticker.

Steve, i passed the end of your road the other day and caught a glimpse of a Azure S1, have you swopped yours?

Nice one!!!

There is an Azure Blue elise that lives down my road (yep - 2 on one street!!!) although he hasnt heeded my advice to join us!!!

I'm probably going to get an S2 when i do change mine but that will be next year. Black with black wheels - nice!!!!

good luck with the repair.

Steve B)

The place that Nick Whales use is called City Centre Car Care and they did mine - excellent job, very impressed, but no idea about price since it was an insurance effort.

Alex - what type of elise do you have as I've probably seen you around as I work in Coventry and see a few occasionally?

Kristian B)

Archived