litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Coolant gunk

Kris H

My car's just been returned :kicking: and everything looks fine - the strange tinny rattles are all in place so no worries there then...

However, the coolant level looks quite low. A centimetre or so below the mininimum mark. It's due for a service in about three or four weeks (before 1st lotus I think).

Do I need to get this sorted? I have tried reading the handbook which kind of implies that it's better off being too low than too high. If I really do need to get this sorted, does anyone have any idea where I'd get it from (without flogging to NW in Birmingham). The handbook says that it's something called Havoline XLC Extended Life Coolant with Organic Acid Technology. Is it just a Halfords job or is it more difficult to track down than than.

Apologies in advance for my utter stupidity. :wacko:

Kristian

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine's an S2 as well - 111s as yours - if yours has been OK then I reckon I'll hang on for the service. Car's only just back from the garage so won't have been run for a while and I guess it must just settle lower when it's cold. Not for long :kicking:

Archived