litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Horizon

paulmcmahon

Hi,

Does anyone recommend Horizon in Cradley Heath for general servicing? And is it cheaper than Nick Whale? I usually go to Nick Whale but Digbeth is a pain to get to through all that city centre traffic and the place isn't exactly spacious. I suppose Horizon has geometry adjustment equipment too?

Cheers guys.

Paul M.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was there on Saturday for a Geo - very impressed. Nice people who know what they are doing. I've booked in for some work so must be good to get me to open my wallet again!

Thanks for that.

And at the risk of receiving angry replies, can anyone suggest the best place to attach a small (honest - small) bass speaker/ built in amp to enhance the tinny speakers. The ledge behind the seats seems obvious but it does get in the way of the alarm cockpit sensor. Has anyone done this before?

And is there a meet/s anytime in July?

Cheers,

Paul

Paul

Definitely use Horizon, unless you have some warranty work in mind. Just spent lots of pennies with them and every last item is PERFECT. How often do you find yourself saying "oh no, they've forgotten to do...". Gave Mike & his crew a 16 point list, had thought up 3 more by the time I got there and they did every single one.

As for runs, there will be something at end of June/ start of July and then there's the big national gathering at Bruntingthorpe on 31st July, with runs from National Motorcycle Museum, Solihull and Donington Grand Prix Museum. Stick them in your diary now!

Graeme

Thanks for the advice, Graeme.

I emailed Horizon a few hours ago and got an email straight back. That speaks for itself.

I have never received an email from any business in the UK on the same day - service garages, car stores, estate agents, the lot!

Cheers.

Deffo recommend them!

Pioneer make a small bass tube, which fits well on the shelf behind the seats... the other option may be a small amp somewhere (maybe in the boot) and then using Focal 5WS mini subs in small boxes behind the seats/on the floor.

Horizon's prices are very good too...I had an inner CV boot fitted last week and got change from £50!

They will get all maintenance work that I cannot be 4rsed to do myself. Top People - Top Service - Look no further.

Thanks for that,

After reading my questions, Horizon got back to me pretty much immediately. It's communication like this that boosts confidence. When I've emailed Nick Whale in the past, I don't get a reply - too busy with selling and dealing perhaps, or relying too heavily on the telephone. I prefer email as you can refer back to what you said/ ordered/ required and also go back to the replies. Plus I'm abroad a lot and a telephone call is a silly idea when you can email for nothing.

I think Horizon will be attracting a lot of custom in the next year or so, especially so if Nick Whale and other 'dealers[' concentrate on shifting 111rs instead of looking after its client base. Horizon's service charges seem very reasonable too.

Some people are worried about the deterioration in S2 values, me included. I wonder how much of this is due to extremely low interest rates on loans at the mo. I would be willing to bet that when the housing market takes a fall/ slow slide and interest rates rise there won't be so many people taking out loans to buy NEW Elises. Hopefully the second hand market will stabilise then. My 111s S2 has depreciated by 3000 since last summer - possibly to be expected when the 111R has popped up! Still, I won't be selling my Elise, not unless I have a baby - but there's always a trailer.

Paul

Archived