litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Bedford Track Day

Kris H

Folks

Was thinking about nipping down to the Bedford track day on Monday just to have a look but before I flog down there:

Are spectators allowed at this one? CAn't tell from the seloc thread.

Is it an OK track to spectate, or one of the ones where you can't see anything?

Will I get told to feck off for having my 4 year old son with me, or is that just a shite/dangerous idea anyway?

Hoping that someone who has been to Bedford before can help.

Kristian :wacko:

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty sure specs are ok, you'll need to sign on first and they'll give you a lift over to the track as you can't take your own car over there.

You'll get a great view of the fast final corner and should see a few spins!! It's very flat (airfield) so you won't see loads but well worth it imho.

Kris,

As I understood it from last time, you are allowed into the pits as long as you sign in as a passenger with a driver-possibly a measure to reduce the human traffic in the pits(as well as keeping dodgy types out!) Best to phone the circuit-01234 332400 (just googled it!)

If that is the case, post on Seloc and Im sure you will find someone with a spare seat. Im not 100% sure I will have a spare seat yet, but if I do, will let you know.

From the pits, you dont see much but the pit straight, but once youre in the pits, you might as well get a helmet and blag joyrides. Most people are really approachable.

On the kiddie situation, I really couldnt say. Best to phone 'em....HTH

By the way Kris, last time I was accomodated on Sign on by PhilS as he had a spare seat. Nice guy, and very laid back. Could be worth u2uing him...(on Seloc)

Kris, you should be okay to spectate, as said above I think you just need to sign the disclaimer. I wouldn't recommend bringing a child, you get a lot of cars in and out of the pits, in April there were over 100 cars. You will be able to blag lifts with people, if you've got a helmet bring it. If not you could borrow one I'm sure.

Depending on the weather, I may go and spectate.

Cheers for the replies guys. I have to look after my son on Monday as my wife is working (at the motorshow) so I think I might be knackered on that. Some of the circuits like Mallory for example, would not have been a problem sitting on the bank with a kid. Thought Bedford might be a bit ropey on this score though, given that it's an airfield. He is very excited about all things lotus, having been trained since an early age, and it's quite a long way to go if it's not going to be suitable. Maybe next time. :)

Cheers Simon - will definitely be doing my father type bit on Monday so it'll have to be next time. Bummer. Have a good one anyway, and Sol also.

Kristian :D

Rang the place like Sol said and was told that there was a viewing area which isn't the pits and so went down there today with my son, and it was fine. Have taken a few photos so if Sol and Simon let me know what their registrations are I can see if I have any photos of you on track and e-mail them. Was impressed by a few good efforts at spinning in front of the pits, the first corner and the first chicane, including an impressive effort by a noble with a proper cloud of smoke effect.

I was there briefly just after the lunch break, (actually there for the SELOC AGM) and almost took the car out for a few laps but talked myself out of it.

As didn't think the Company would be impressed if they saw any pictures of a X-Trail going round Bedford Autodrome :rolleyes:.

Archived