litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Inusrance: Any Comments On These Companies?

Big Rides

As I am picking up my Elise tomorrow lunch time, I am sorting the insurance out tonight.

Got a few on-line quotes last night. The best ones were from:-

MoreThan.co.uk (about £495, but with £600 excess, protected NCB for life)

ScreenTrade.co.uk (Lloyds TSB trading name)- Actual policy is with "Fortis": About £580- £250 excess protected NCB

Norwich Union: £637, £220 excess, protected NCB

Any comments on the above, or other suggestions?

Many thanks,

Ian

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All of those seem pretty good actually - worth checking to see what their policy is for modifications though since you'll probably want to do a few things if they haven't been done already, such as getting a sports exhaust, maybe a hurricane/ITG etc. Some of them will add 10% or more, one or two will just note it and not charge, so worth checking.

Have fun

Kristian :wacko:

All of those look v reasonable. Agree with Kris re mods though, alot of co's load up the premiums for any non standard bits fitted ......... and you're bound to fall into that trap sometime:)

Try Elephant. They just knocked £140 off my renewal for exactly the same cover. The daft thing is they're part of Admiral as are my existing insurers Bell Direct.

Footman James were scarily expensive wanting £1800 !!!

Settled on £794 or £826 with a new zorst. Still lots but it's lots of car.

I'm going to have to do some serious ringing around this year as I am getting bitch slapped at the moment due to no NCD. Arse. Will probably need info from folks nearer the time.

Archived