litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Crash Update!

Ladders

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been on the phone, it's going to be a something like a Focus or Mondeo :)

Thats cos mine's an 1.8!

Well obviously that puts mine in the same group as those cars then doesn't it! :)

TBH that's not too bad, so long as it's a 1.8 or above. May get an ST170 or ST220 which at least won't be completely gutless. Better than a 1.2 corsa anyway, or the crappy 106 I got lent one time.

Hi Ladders

Harlequin are the official Lotus repair centre in Leics. I had mine done there when some idiot reversed into me. I dont think they will do the steeing geometry but they will send it on to CD Bramell round the corner. But I hope you have better luck than me in getting the two working together. My S2 was there for a week. I told CDB that the car would be there. CDB said they would send someone over to do a minor job. End result nothing done...

I can recomend Harlequin .... CD Bramall i have severe reservations.

Hope this helps

Dave

Thanks Dave

CD Bramell has nothing to do with the work, which is a good thing from what I've heard!

Simon Scuffham says he uses Harlequins and they do a good job, plus they do the geo there. If it's good enough for Scuffers its good enough for me! :)

Doubt I'll get an ST Kris, it'll be going staraight back as soon as I get the golf on the road I can tell you!

OK. If you do get an ST remember it's not an elise. Although quite quite it's very easy to scare the shite out of yourself by cornering at the same speed. Not that I'd know obviously... :)

Just another vote in favour of City Centre Care Care by NW. They did a great job on my S2 when reversed into by some idiot with only 800 miles on the clock!

They also resprayed my long awaited hard top after it arrived 14 months late with a dirty great scratch down the middle of it!

There are always Elises in there so they know what they are doing.

Dave :D

Its great to have a shite car for a while - trust me ! - had the S2000 appox 3.5 months - everyday I kept saying to myself - its cos i dont know how to drive it yet ! i guess i did learn to drive it but never enjoyed it.

When I got the new elise it was like I had never driven one before - heavy steering - pants breaks - yep famiiar - hmmm straight line speed doesnt seem as fast as the honda. cornering felt a bit iffy. I really was thinking why the hell have I got one of these again.

Slept on it over night and drove to work again - still not how i remembered it. Then.........

All of a sudden it clicked. Took one of my mates out and i was throwing it like an idiot into corners. and accelerating like a noble was chasing me (doubt it would of caught me :D ) I was so in the zone with a cheshire written all over me mug. This is how all cars should feel.

Bring on Shropshire.

oops. sorry ladders - accidentally hijacked u !

harlequin are supposed to be very good so i wouldnt worry about the finish - dont think they do geo's though ?

Yeah, will certainly apperciate the Liz when its back. I think i'd kill myself if I had to drive that Mondeo everyday :clap:

Yeah its not to bad, just pissed off that I could have got a replacement Liz if it had gone Sinclaires.

Might stick a Le Mans sunstrip on the Mundano though to get me in the mood! :drive:

Archived