litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

New Tyres

RICHARD

I have a 1999 T registered Elise 111S which is in need of new tyres all round.

Which would be the best to go for? Does anybody have any recommendations?

Thanks

Rich.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rich

Worth checking back through some of the threads since there is loads on here about this. Basically dependent on what you want to spend, whether it's road or track use etc, but the two favoured options seem to be advans for track/higher budget and toyos for road/lower budget, for the S1 anyway. Do have a look back though some of the earlier posts though since there is loads of info on here about this. SELOC archives will have stacks of info as well.

Kristian

Only 2 as Kris says....

Toyo's TS1 or Yoko Advans Neova

Cheap or Pricey

Ladders has Bridgestones though but looked what happened to him :)

sorry mate :(

Advans are excellent, nore ultimate grip, but apparantly a bit twitchy at the limit. Harder wearing than the Toyo's when on track.

Toyo are more progressive than the Advans so can be a bit more fun... I haven't tried Advans yet, but will next. I am very happy with the Toyo though and at £150 less for a full set, its a fair saving IMO!

Toyos were alright on my last liz. Not as good as Pirellis on the dry and after a run felt boiling hot tho the P zeros felt warm.

Wet felt Ok but in reality no tyre is going to be brilliant

Looking forward to Advans - brand new ones to boot !

Erm Malbon, No!

Richard, I have been pretty pleased with my Bridgestone SO3's. They're a bit more than the Toyo's, but less than the Advans.

Been really pleased with them. Much better in the wet than the P0's and seem to give a more progressive break-away in the wet and dry.

Cant compare them with advans though, and if I had the money I'd like to try them next.

Jonno, will have to have a go with yours :)

Sorry mate. couldnt resist.

Anytime with mine mate. Give us a shout when your around. Ive been absent since what seems like last summer ! New car only has 9k on so need to run the engine in a bit :)

My Toyos look like they're not going to last as long as my S03s, however Scott is right the Toyos are very progressive and you can have great fun on them.

Archived