litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Hope This Was No One On Here....

Fiona

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hate to say it but a 31 year old lotus driver from Crick sounds likely to be one of ours. Not hurt it says but not good about the biker. Everytime something like this happens (this is only a few miles from me really) it's pretty scary.

I'd love a bike.....

but I wouldn't :)

Purposeful elise driver driving a powerful bike on the road doesnt bear thinking about.

not me being purposeful - but u know what i mean.

not good for this biker. :(

I would have loved to get a decent bike too but these types of stories are a bit too familiar, and even Ladders incident the other day, he needs a new rear clam, the bike driver needs a plaster cast. Not good.

Hmm. Not hurt physically..... but mentally? (either way, better than the biker, i guess)

I think i would end up the same way if i bought a bike. I'll stick to 4 wheels.

Sympathies all round.

Was talking to a mate at work and he mentioned yesterday that a friend of his had lost her brother in an accident. He just asked me if anyone on here had mentioned it seeing as the bike had a crash with a Lotus, last Wednesday. And she is local (MK, not far from Flore) Gulp..Cant be that many in one day.

Sympathies all round, shes a bit of a mess(as you would expect).

On a separate note, it reassures me never to get a bike. I wouldnt trust myself. Guy at work was saying that ALL his "bike mates" have had offs of differing severity and he has been getting more concerned about the safety etc. Not good...

I used to have big bikes and 2 years ago had a Honda Fireblade and a Suzuki TL1000, i had big bikes for many years but as i approached 40 realised my own mortality and the ever greater risk of having a spill as i had never had one, so i chose to sell them before something else made the decision for me, ie losing a leg, far safer in the Elise, and nearly as fast anyway, well almost

again i,ve had a few bikes, not quite the samme CCs as lesstatt, but 600cc is more then enuff to hurt you. a few times i sqaured off the back wheel due to car drivers basically not looking before moving out etc, forceing me to use both front and rear brakes, takes alot longer to stop on bike due to less runner on road,

don,t get me wrong, i wouldn,t mind another bike, but it does scare me that alot of drivers arn,t aware of bikers.

very sad. Unfortunately it goes with the territory but that doesn't comfort the friends and relatives who are left. I've passed my test and regularly ride as pillion and am fully aware of the dangers involved, the risk factor is as high as the fun/buzz factor.

Being a biker makes you a far better driver and we would have safer roads if every person who wanted to take their driving test had to also pass a CBT - (compulsory basic training) - boy does it make you aware of others on 2 wheels.

Archived