litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

My Le Mans Trip Saved By Tidy 21 Year Old!

Ladders

;)

Thought I'd get her back on the road so I can still drive down to Le Mans.

She's been in my Nanna's garage for the last year and a half after suffering HGF (its not just Liz's that get it!)

Only just got her running this Sunday. I'd done the headgasket last year but the engine kept running for a minute before cutting out. After undoing some of the fuel lines and flushing the system she seems to run ok (touch wood).

Not sure whether to strip the interior for the trip down, have got a set of willans harnesses in there so will look quite good, or put it back to standard?

Just getting her MoT'd on Weds. So fingers crossed! :drive:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve, wasnt to chuffed when she had the Golf rolled out the garage when she had a new door fitted.

When the guys who were fitting it left, they asked whether they should roll it back in again. She told them "No, its time it was fixed!". Leaving my uninsured, unalarmed, unlocked Golf with all the stereo equipment still inside for some theiving, scaghead, scumbag to help themselves to!

Cheers! :drive:

Excellent, room to take our tents etc!

All you need now is a golf sized sunshine strip.

Yep, seriously, If your struggling for space Simon!

Yeah, sunstrip will be on asap! :drive:

Nice work ladders - v good taste, this was my Mk1 GTI, very interesting history, unrestored concourse condition, owned by a German who bought it when he retired at 60 and I bought it from his 'estate' in 2000, 27,000 miles in 17 years, the door seals were so good you had to open a window slightly to close the door from the inside!

golf1.jpg

I'll always miss it :D

Archived