litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

S1 To S2 Conversion Looks To Be Getting Closer

snowman

Hi everyone.. have been having a chat with a nice S2 owner, might have come to an 'arrangement' over each others cars, his for mine plus some cash..

What i need to sort out though is the spec of his car, it's a 2001 S2 Race tech...

whats the diiferences to a sports tourer etc??? :blush:

It does look fantastic though...

Any input welcome!!! :clap::wub::clap:

post-2-1084871179.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Race Tech is the one to go for basically - well IMO.

You get Alcantara seats (leather in the ST), only 2 speakers, no carpets (which makes you manly) and i seem to recall you get the cross drilled brakes too....

The main bonus IMO is the considerably better seats. Agreed it looks stunning though - one of my fave S2 colours.

thanks for the quick reply Scott :wub: i'll do some more digging tonight... we really need to talk about ways round websense, i hate this firewall, stops me getting at Lotus stuff at work :blush:

Sheesh. How many Laser blue's are they on here? Need to get my white stripes soon......

Looks great, though, Snowman. Personally I prefer the ST rather than the Racetech. Supposedly the Racetech is nearly £1k less second hand than the ST (especially from a dealer) so bear this in mind when you buy.

Fiona

ST has carpets and therefore unlikely to have the holes in the floor problem - racetech had the same rubber mat issues as the S1 and therefore more likely to be subject to corrosion - have seen a few folks with racetechs post elsewhere saying that they think they might have this problem so worth checking IMO. Overall there isn't a massive difference, less sound deadening, no carpets, 2 speakers instead of four, alcantara seats instead of leather and generally lower prices/residuals. No differences with engines/handling/suspension etc and weight difference minimal. Think that they all have crossed drilled brakes don't they? May be wrong about that last bit though.

Kristian :(

Archived