litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Your Wiki?

Hello, im Mr Wiki from the SELOC ;)

Just came on to start up talks about your wiki, if you dont know we have been working on a 'techwiki' for a while now ( http://wiki.seloc.org ).

I just found out you have a wiki here, now rather than us both duplicating the same work and wasting a lot of time,

why not merge the wiki's together?

please let me know what you think.

:lol:

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep I think most people have used it and the Elise FAQ one. In fact I think this one was installed before the SELOC one but only by a few weeks at most.

It is bad having at least three places holding similar information but its also a difficult one.

A few things we would need to sort out:

• Where do you host it?
  • How do you brand it?
  • How does that affect advertisers banners etc if at all?
  • User logins/passwords, for example users are logged into the wiki by default of being logged into this forum, how would that work with multiple forums.
  • What if the site hosting it goes down the pan, unlikely I know but sites do come and go. Who has ultimate control of it?

I'm sure I'll have more ideas and thoughts after I've thought about it. The SELOC are Elise FAQ are obviously much more useful than the one here but thats because we are only a small regional site and just use it to point people at common questions to save reanswering them.

Not decided what is for the best on this one yet. Other peoples ideas welcome. i.e. when do you stop, why not make MLOC a part of the SELOC site. A lot of what makes MLOC so nice and friendly is that it isnt SELOC and doesnt have the politics, bitching and strong cliquey bias.

Idea people please!

NoNoNo, cut+paste is not the solution. Updating pages would be an administrative nightmare (so basically never happen!).

* Where do you host it?

* How do you brand it?

* How does that affect advertisers banners etc if at all?

* User logins/passwords, for example users are logged into the wiki by default of being logged into this forum, how would that work with multiple forums.

* What if the site hosting it goes down the pan, unlikely I know but sites do come and go. Who has ultimate control of it?

Dump the auto-login features (we have that on SELOC as well) and move both our contents over to a shared domain (maybe elise-faq.com). That way nobody owns it and avoids the cliquey bias.

Archived