litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Toyota Mr2 Or Lotus Protor-type

timmyspeed

hi i was wondering if any one in the lotus world would like to comment on the rumors that the toyota mr2 mk1 was originally designed by lotus but then dropped and sold to toyota i was wondering if anyone in the lotus world would like to comment on this and why the descion was made and enlighten me by this descion to sell it on to toyota to produce as i would be intrested in hearing more on this and why lotus themselves took this descion eitther post a reply on here or email me at [email protected]

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hadn't heard that one before, but the layout is very similar, i dont think the japs had made a mid engine transverse layout before, but i might be wrong, also there is a toyota connection in the family as the new Elise are powered by the Toyota engine, 190 BHP, YES PLEASE

I may be able to find out, may not be a quick response though.

As an aside I had a meeting which involved Roger Becker (as mentioned in the article) about 6 weeks ago.

I do know the guy who did the suspension on the MX-5 though, and he's British :D.

Archived