litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

1st Lotus Pics From Yesterday

Mark H

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very good Scott. I think that is known as the Steve Jones Position, following the Staffs & Peaks run.

Few have even attempted it, even fewer have succeeded.

After Warks & Worcs run, our Steve was checking out the boot of his S2 with a glint in his eye...

Graeme

Scott - when you asked about melting my tyres at the weekend it was mostly from practicing that slip angles things where you move in circles without turning, and doing it for too long in the same direction - bitches up your bridgstones!

Looks like you had a good day anyway. For the money I reckon it's great.

Kristian :D

I was getting the oil light, the fuel light and all sorts doing that... felt sick too :D

My tyres have chunks missing from them, but overall seem not too bad :) Certainly worth the money IMO.

It was an ace day, alot to take in, but a top day none the less. I was so scared of making an ass of myself, but dont think i was too bad, at least i came out with more understanding about the car than i went in with..

O and now i get 100% throttle, rather than what looked like about 60% ... im such a novice, but i suppose if its all you know....

My sunburnt head is calming down now too.. the blisters on my nose have popped....

Post my pics [only a couple] and little vid of Beefys lap soon :D

What I'd like to know is how does any half-decent garage allow a car to leave after a service with only part throttle available. It's basic stuff!

The Airfield day looks great, (noting that MLOC sticker placement is different on Exiges! :D ) but first I'm thinking of doing the one day high performance course with 1st Lotus in Swansea.

Anyone on here been on this course, and if it's exhausting as it sounds maybe better to stay overnight in Swansea rather than drive back to Derbyshire?

John

I don't know about the south wales day but what I'm always impressed by is quite how many people do 1st lotus days and go back for one or several more. It's good that you can do that and learn more each time you go really, and does help to get more and more understanding of how the car works and what you can get out of it. Don't think it matters how good you are as a driver either really since you don't get made to feel like a tw@t if you cock anything up and even if you weren't learning as much each time, it would still be a great laugh.

Did Andy do his party trick, throw the car sideways and get it back without moving the steering wheel?

Did the airfield day last year - fantastic.

Most go back with my latest aquisition, the corner is calling...

Archived