Brands Hatch Lotus Festival On The 22nd

Simon G

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://forums.seloc.org/showevent.php?eid=257

Classic Festival-Brands Hatch-50 yrs of Lotus-Tickets here

Saturday, 22-5-2004 - Brands Hatch, Kent

This is one of the biggest race meets of 2004 with the organisers expecting 50,000 people to attend over the weekend.

Help to celebrate 50 years of Lotus with Lotus owners and SELOC members being offered a great discount on tickets purchased in advance - ONLY £10 per day or £18 for the weekend when normal prices are £20 per day. If purchasing via the SELOC shop you will also save £1.50 postage. Children under 16 are FREE.

In addition anyone purchasing tickets through the SELOC shop will receive a car parking pass for the South Bank which for those of you who know is a great viewing area right in the centre of the circuit well away from the hustle and bustle.

Latest Timetable is HERE

Full details of the event can be found HERE. But just to give you a taster:-

§ The two-day Classic Festival is organised by the Civil Service Motoring Association, the UK's largest private motoring organisation with over 350,000 members.

§ The event, now in its 6th year, features a mix of on-track activities supported by air displays and family themed entertainment.

§ The EuroBOSS Championship, Europe’s fastest motor racing series, headlines the on-track action. This FIA International Racing Series is open to Indy Car and pre-1998 Formula One and F3000 chassis with engines of unlimited capacity. The sight and sound of up to 20 ex-F1 cars blasting around Brands Hatch including names such Ferrari, Jordan, Benetton and Footwork. It is fast and very exciting.

§ Supporting EuroBOSS are classic motorcycles, historic touring cars, modified production saloons, Classic Clubman’s and Classic Formula Ford. The track action is fast and furious and runs throughout each day from around 9.30 am until 5.30 pm.

§ Team Lotus is celebrating its 50th anniversary in 2004 and has agreed to exhibit and ‘race’ some of the greatest cars ever seen in Grand Prix action. This will be a nostalgic and very special occasion. The Classic Team Lotus line-up will be; - Lotus Type 25 Jim Clarks first all monocoque F1 racer, 1962-65

- Lotus Type 49 Graham Hill's 'gold leaf' World Champion, 1967-71

- Lotus Type 79 JPS, Mario Andretti World Champion

- Lotus Type 88B Courage, Essex, 1981

- Lotus Type 91 JPS, Chassis 10, Mansell, De Angeles, 1982

- Lotus Type 99T Ayrton Senna

§ Off-track there is a wide range of entertainment for all the family with a huge fun fair, a large dedicated area for children and a vast array of trade stands. An RAF static display, motorcycle daredevils, monster trucks and a car crusher will add to the fun and excitement of the weekend.

§ An impressive air show will be staged on both days featuring, amongst others, the famous RAF Falcons free-fall parachute display team, stunt aircraft, a Spitfire display and a mock battle staged by a helicopter-borne unit of the Royal Marines. A regular feature enjoyed by the Classic Festival crowd is an RAF Battle of Britain memorial flight. An exciting new addition for 2004 is the UK’s premier prop aerobatics team, the Aerostars, performing with 5 Russian Yak planes in authentic WW II colours.

§ Along the main thoroughfare there is an outdoor display arena and scores of exhibits and static displays. These include a motoring display area where dealers and manufacturers can exhibit their latest models.

Brands is about 2 and a half hours from here with clear roads. I'm heading down Sat am for this :drive:

May make the trip if I'm not waiting for MFI to come and fix my kitchen as usual...you lot will see me on Watchdog soon or on Crimewatch if these useless f****ers don't finish my kitchen. Never use MFI.

Fiona

Scott - supposedly aren't as bad as they used to be.

As it cost a five figure sum I was expecting a decent kitchen, then they dropped one of my stone worktops and I have a nice bit of MDF in it's place. Blends in nicely.....:P

Anyhow, I'm not going to rant or I'll get upset. :D

Fiona

Archived