litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Supercar Day - Thruxton

Maxf

I posted a while ago (http://www.midlandslotus.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=1328) that I felt a bit cheated about a red letter day, so went to Thruxton and booked direct through them. We did it on Friday and can honastly say it was excellent!

Claire did the driving (couldn't afford 2 of us doing it), and I had some passenger laps inbetween acting as official photographer.

First was a breifing which confused most people in the room 'apex-what?', but was fairly informative.

Next an instructor took her round in some MG (Rover 400) type thing, with Claire driving it next. This was followed by some laps in an SLK.

Then the fun started.

4 laps in a 360

4 laps in a 2 day old e-gear Mercialago

3 Laps in a 996, 911 Turbo

3 Laps in a 355.

I feel I've done the day myself as have been talked at about it for 3 days now and counting - apparently the 355 was the most fun (and hurrah, the cheapest), the 911 turbo was like a weapon (and comfortable). As the the Lambo - when she started it up I saw her jump! It was loud beyond belief and looked awesome in a customer spec'd colour (ice blue-esq). In honasty I think (and will be corrected I'm sure) that she was a little dissapointed with the 360!

Finally, after 4 hours of watching I got a go - I had 2 fast laps in one of the 355's. It was rapid, but not as quick as I imagined, and I'm fairly sure the Elise would trouble it on the corners - but on the straights it was mental!

Then the Mercialago. The owner took me out and informed me he was just 'tickling it' as it still had well under 500 miles on it, so he was being careful. I couldn't tell - we had 120mph as soon as we left the pits, and overtook 3 355's before we hit the 1st corner. There was virtually no body roll and it was glued to the road like nothing else (although the tyres were each wider than my driveway so it should be good). We hit close to 150 before the chicane. 'Just tickling it'.

Apparently the owner/driver had a ferrari franchise and was umm'ing about getting an Enzo. Nice guy though and total car nut!

I left with the resolve to become independantly wealthy and buy a lambo!

Will try and get some pics online if anyone is intersted. Am also getting a DVD of Claire driving the 360 and 911t - so we can see if their driver assessment cards are factual (96% my arse :blush: ) :lol:

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived