litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Shafted On A Red Letter Day Type Thang!

Maxf

Being an all round good bloke with a GF who is as car mad as me I bought her a Ferrari experience from passport2sport.co.uk for her birthday.

Its called the 'Ferrari double' and basically you get a few laps in a 355, then some other stuff and a few laps in a 360. She loves them, and I can't afford to change a cambelt on one let alone the HP payments so it sounded like a good idea. Bare in mind for the next bit that my GF is *really* into cars.

So, phone up to book and they now stumble around a bit when I ask them to confirm it is a 355 AND a 360. Look at the website - its changed and the 360 bit has been deleted and it's now 2 sessions in a 355 (not bad admittedly, but not the same as the 'comparison' it was to be before).

The company now basically say tough luck - subject to change - not responsible etc etc. But the organisers say a 360 and 355 package has NEVER been offered.

I bought on Barclaycard so can set them on it, but will be looking at getting a refund.

How many others like me will have bought this and will be sorely dissapointed when there is no 360. The company don't seem to care and seem to think the alternate package they offer (328/360) is comparable!

@ssholes trading under false descriptions IMO - if something has never been offered they can't crawl under the 'subject to change' rock can they? If they legally can I will offer people rides on my rocketship (subject to change) for £10,000.

although it might end up being a skateboard. Not a direct comparison, and some people might think I'm a spoilt git, but thats how I feel.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:blink::unsure:

Personally I think you've got every right to be a bit miffed. Your not getting what you paid for! Can't really help with the legal stuff but I don't think you should give up on this one ;)

Yes, if you've bought something and it's not as described I'd be annoyed as well. Read the small print though as I'm sure there will be some get out clause to cover their ass!

You could try giving Strees (on this forum) a shout for legal advice!

The smallprint does say 'subject to change' etc etc, but IMO they had to physically offer the bloody thing for it to change! Subject to Change IMO is for mechanical defects, weather, ploughed into an armco :unsure: etc etc, not an excuse to draw people in to buying their product.

Now looks like I can get my money back (not the point though really). Anyone done one of these days and can recommend one?

dont knock the 328 and 360 day. I did it last month and it was cool as.

360 is nice but i actually had more fun in the 328 as it felt more similiar to the elise - but still loads faster.

355 and 360 would be good but theyre very similiar. I think you'll get more out of seeing and feeling how ferraris have evolved since the late 80's. speedwise there feels like nothing in it even thought the 360 has an extra 100 horses.

id recommend it.

Cheers for the alternate view Malbon. Iv'e organised a refund now and am doing the 360/355/911t and single seater day at Thruxton instead - well, her indoors is.

And to think I still haven't bought a sports exhaust for mine yet! Hoping someone will buy me a tubi for my birthday... cough...

Oh... that's right... it was last month... I got a pen.

Got very similarly shafted on a Balloon day for GF.

Got up at 4am (having rung to check! 10pm) drove 1.5hr gorg weather nope cant fly!

Similar exp 2nd time.

Eventually took off 3rd time just! Some folks went 7/8 times to a no fly further than 1.5hrs in a liz!!!!

Did a Ferrari day at Thruxton a few years ago, driving a 355. Started off in an MG ZS, did a few laps, then into the 355. Was very disappointing, the 355 was LHD, so you needed a few laps to get used to that, it had over 100K kms on the clock so was a bit knackered, drove like a bus compared to the Elise.

Then moved on to the single seaters, they were good but rev limited. Then had some 'HOT'laps in a Merc SLK!! It was as slow as anything. Glad I hadn't paid for the day, rained all day and was over crowded.

I kind of expected them to be LHD and a bit shagged - don't expect a fleet of new CS's. Looking on forums and the net all of these days seem to be a mixed bag and down to pot luck - a shame really as they are not cheap.

I suppose as long as the instructors dont reign you in too much and the 'supercars' arent restricted it will be ok. I can understand them limiting the single seaters as my mum could book a day and go theoretically, not everyone drives the type of stuff we do One thread made me laugh though - a guy on a 308 day was made to drive round in 4th and 5th only!

To be honest, I'm a bit fed up thinking about it (always do this - think about something too much and end up killing it off), so will probably just dive in and do it. I'll be standing watching the damn thing anyway!

I am doing a Caterham and 355 day... g/f got it for me for my birthday.

I've heard similar things about the 355 and 360 day before... cars changing, knackered ones, speed limited etc... not worth the risk, plus a 355 and 360 are a bit too closely matched IMO. They all do state cars can be changed without prior notice too, so probably not much chance of a real complaint.

The new day sounds good though!

My GF bought me a gliding experience for my birthday, she spoke to Red Letter Days and the like, found out where the days were held and then contacted the airfield directly, she saved herself £50 by booking direct.

I would love to do a single seater day.

My (now) wife bought me the 'Ferrari Experience' at Silverstone for my 30th. Blindfolded me on the M1 and I didn't have a clue until we rolled up at the track. Did a few laps in a Proton GTi (I know - don't laugh - was good fun and I did own a 1.8 Mundano at the time), then a few laps in a yellow S1 Elise, then a 348. Not the best Ferrari I know but I've wanted to drive a Ferrari around Silverstone since I was about six years old watching F1 races there. Felt magic.

After that one of their instructors took me for a passenger ride in the Proton and proved what a crap track driver I am. Also scared the shite out of me. Very impressive.

Best actual driving experience was the Elise though. I bought one a year or so later.

For me it wasn't about the driving dynamics of the Ferrari, more about realising a six year old boy's dream. Still cool two years later.

Rich.

Archived