litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Nice B&b In The Lake District

ipanter

I'm off to Scotland in a couple of weeks and to break the journey up i thought it would be nice to stay one night in the Lake District.

I've never been there before (infact i've never been any further north than Bury) so i could anyone who has please give me any recomendations for nice hotels or B&Bs that i could stay in.

TIA

Ian

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you going on a driving holiday Ian?

If so, I can give you the names/directions of some good roads (we're doing the same early July).

I want to move back to Scotland :unsure:

Fiona

Fiona, Thanks for the hotel suggestion, it looks very nice, but i was hoping to stay in the lake district, but if i can't find anywhere i will use that hotel.

We are staying on the Ilse of Cumbray (sp?), in Millport, when we get to Scotland.

Part of the holiday will be driving, well as much as SWMBO will allow!

So route suggestions would be fantastic, i have heard the Scottish roads wonderful to drive on.

thanks

Ian

We usually stay at Harvington House in Keswick, which is a smallish B&B, not at all posh, clean and tidy, good prices, good breakfasts, not a frilly doily in sight. Run by a very friendly geordie couple, Graham and Gina. Can't recommend highly enough; they've even got a website now:

http://www.harvingtonhouse.co.uk/

Phone number is 017687 75582

Recommendations for Keswick; cake and coffee in Fishers (a really good outdoor kit store) and the Dog & Gun pub just off the main square. Proper old pub with good beer and food (particularly the beef goulash). Favoured beer shop of the local mountain rescue!

There are a couple of 'mountain' passes that go out of the Derwent valley that are fantastic in an Elise if you're lucky with the traffic.

RichN.

Recommend the Dog and Gun :)

Keswick is nice, i enjoyed it, dodgy Chippy though so avoid that, if you do get chance there is a small fudge shop in town which sells Curry and Chilli fudge, different but actually v.pleasant! :P

Archived