litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Fitting A Hurricane?

GCCK

I've bought a Hurricane second hand. No instructions for fitting or cleaning the element. :unsure:

Does anyone who bought new have any instructions they could photocopy & bring on the run on Sunday?

Much appreciated if you do.

Graeme

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Graeme - I still have mine which you are welcome to, but they're for an S2 and are useless anyway. Best thing to do actually is go to the hanger 111 website and use the instructions for fitting the ITG which is basically the same but written in English, with pictures, by someone who uses English as a 1st language. The ones that with the hurricane are funny but not much cop. Will bring mine with me anyway.

Kristian :unsure:

Here you go!

Page1

Page2

Its a really simple job - as long as you've got a narrow 10mm spanner. Took me about 20 mins to fit, after half an hour of swearing and trying to get the original air box off, followed by an inevitable trip to B&Q to get the proper tool.

LOL, mine was very easy to fit... g/f with hands smaller than a hamster was useful though :)

Cleaning wise.. i bought a K&N kit from Halfords for about £10, that has instructions inside.

Archived