litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Vx 200 Engine

tazbaz69

i know that lotus basically make the VX 220 and use the same chassis as the elise, but with the new VX having turbo power, why won,t lotus use a blown system?? how to vauxhall get the unit inside the chassis now?? i,m presuming that the engine has nearly the same mounts as the K series uses or i,m i,m totally wrong??

i,ve seen the duratec conversions, audis, honda Vtecs but why not a vauxhall turbo lump?? :clap::wacko:

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think you'll find that at the back it's not the same chassis or mounts in the VX. Whereas the 2.2 VX has an aluminium block (as per K series but not as light), the VXT 2.0 is a different unit with an iron block and is seriously lardy.

No go really. If you want a VX turbo in your car, best go and buy the whole car.

am told from a man that knows.....hush hush, wink wink.....the rear of the frame and crash structure is very different and absorbed a lot of Engineerinng time and expense.....

have looked at the Duartec conversion, sorry....imo.....installation is not very good ! I hope before its complete and sold as an installation kit that it is vastly improved.

not seen a honda conversion up close and personal yet....so can't comment !

personally, I like the K. It doesn't deserve the "rap" it gets.

I know I did some Euro Regs work on it some years back so I am biased, but I like it !

Archived