litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Speaker Upgrade

Monkeytaylor

Hi -

I have an Elise S2 with the standard 2 speakers behind the seats. I want to upgrade to four speakers - does anyone know a good place to buy the speakers & have them fitted? I'm, looking for somewhere in the north / midlands, preferably in the Derbyshire / South Yorkshire area?

Cheers

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Err... not sure if you'll be able to do that to be fair, the front dash looks totally different for the 2 and 4 speaker variants...

Might be worth popping into a decent car audio store and seeing what they can do for you though... there is a good place in Nottingham opposite Castle Mariner - though the name escapes me at the moment.

I'd suggest taking it into the dealer which you use to ask them what they recommend, and then finding someone to do it as a reasonable non main dealer price personally - may be that the way the wiring looms work it can't be done, or may be dead easy - honestly don't know - but I have four speakers so can't see why it wouldn't be possible by replacing the leather bits and so on at the end of the dash panel.

Elise parts do something of this sort as Bramble says although when I spoke to them at Donny they didn't have any in.

Kristian :angry:

Not sure if the Eliseparts ones fit the S2... is the top of the dash section (where the heater controls live on the S1) the same? As thats where it lives....

If you can replace the different edge bits on the dash then any audio shop will be able to construct something in there - probably a lot better than Lotus too!

Archived