litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Nice Dilemma!

Ladders

and they look v sexy too (not that you're gona see them that much)

Any doubters should ask SimonG if they feel any better than his standard S2 setup, he was flying round Bedford on Sat :unsure:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ladders - excellent

This is exactly the thing that I have been considering...

Trying to justify to myself the extra cost of the Nitrons, kit looked fantastic on the Eliseparts demo chassis at Donington :unsure:

It's upgrade time or car change!

Ladders - I'd say nitrons as well - you may only do the odd track day here and there at the moment, but what about in a year or so? I don't do any track days at the mo but if I go down this route it will be nitrons all the way since I'd at least like to have the option. Same argument as adjustable seats and so on really - you may only do it once but you really want to make sure that you adjust it the way that you want it. Beyond that, as they are pretty easily adjustable you may want to set them differently for going out on a run versus going on a long trip etc...

My 2p's worth but it would be nitrons all the way.

Kristian :unsure:

The resale angle is that the S2 upgrade is now "official" since you can buy it from Lotus dealers as well now, as well as from Steve Butts. Steve does a couple of tweaks on ride heights for you and still undercuts the official Lotus price by about £70.

Nitrons on the other hand are unofficial, however brilliant. Mark A sold his seriously well sorted S160 but removed the Nitrons first.

Graeme

waiting for the S2 bits to arrive.

I keep having this thought too....

On an S1 the S2 stuff is a massive upgrade anyway - i've just been reading some stuff from Bernard Scouse about it, I am sure Nitrons are a lot better, but they are also twice the price.

I don't know that much about suspension so am concerned about buggering everything up - a friend of mine had an S2 190 with Racing Dynamics stuff on, one day he adjusted it to some hard settings and went out on the roads, the car bottomed out at "speed" on some dips and the car rolled into a field.. his life was saved by wearing harnesses. I wonder if i'd ever do the same thing myself.

However, Nitrons are better dampers, you can revalve them etc

I haven't decided yet, it may come down to wanting to spend £1200 having Nitrons fitted and geo'd, or £600 on the S2 stuff and leaving it as it is.

S2 dampers on an S1 are a good improvement. S2 LSS would be better, but is a similar cost to Nitrons. Nitrons for the money are the ones to go for. You set the ride height on any of these solutions at what you want, Dan set his very low on his S160 by choice, you don't have to run it that low. ;)

Nitrons are the way to go if you can stretch the extra cash. They are adjustable, or just set them up and leave them. I have played with mine a bit, especially @ Bedford on Sat. You can just set them and forget, your choice. However the quality of the product is way beyond the Bilstiens, you can have them serviced which extends the warrenty, they have a much longer life span because of this.

The ride and handling of my car has been transformed, it was good before, now it's fantastic, geo helped no doubt too. :(

Speak to Guy @ Nitron, he is very helpful, will answer any questions you may have. :clap:

Just do it .................. :D

Scott, was that Tim's black S190? I don't think it was entirely down to the damper settings that pushed him off the road, I think speed and the terrible road conditions, ie bumps that sent him into the field. He was very lucky, I saw the photos.

Simon, did you change the bushes at the same time? or are they still new enough not to worry about them?

Did I remember you saying you got yours through the Elise shop.com Simon?

Dave

It was Tim yes... he is/was a good friend so i spoke to him in depth about it...

Yes he was speeding and yes the road was full of unseen bumps etc, but he admits that he had pissed around with the settings and was running at nigh on maximum stiffness - harder than he had used on track before - that caused the problem as he hit the top of a bump and off he went.

Scott, yeah the car was a wreck, not sure why you would want to run them that hard on the road.

Dave, got my direct from Guy @ Nitron, same price as Geary etc. Still on original bushes, will upgrade when they need to be replaced.

Archived