litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Ac Cobra

Bramble111s

Gardner Douglas Sports Cars do some replicas that do go round corners. They have developed their own suspension insted of borrowing from an XJS. Quite pricy though.

Remember seeing one going round Doningtion at the Kit Car and Performance Car Day a few years back - They were charging 20quid for 3 laps with a race driver (stupidly i didn't go, d'oh).

Fastest car i've ever seen - was quicker than ultimas and all the other exotica at the day - even through the corners. Seriously impressive...

Check out the site:

http://www.gdcars.co.uk/

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AC are still making the Cobra mk 111 ? Two engine options one of which is the 7 litre. They will build to any spec you wish. Price to match .... I think that you were a bit off with the guess of 40 - 50k Matt ... I think that you should put a 1 in front of both those figures.

But I am sure that the nice people at AC cars will sort anyone out with a price.

I used to go to their factory when they were at Thames Ditton they had that AC 3000 using a ford 3 litre but they had severe problems with the bodies cracking. I think they are just producing the Cobra now using all the original formers and designes.

Very nice cars though....But my elise is better.

Cheers

Dave

My friend sold a 911 Carrera 4 to buy a proper for real 60's Cobra in blue with the stripes.

Looked and sounded amazing, useless on the road - we almost killed ourselves in it without trying... we found that you needed to keep the fuel tank full all the time to keep some weight over the rear wheels too.

Friend sold it and bought a 911 Carrera 2 instead.

Simon.

Archived