litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Window Rubbers

tazbaz69

i rang CD bramells and i asked for some windows rubbers on S1 as mine are perished etc. they told me lotus no longer make these said items as they can,t get hold of materials to make them.

i,m not driving with the old rubbers on the outside of my windows and they look shit as there cracked. i,m on back order but i was told lotus may never makes these again. so wat r ppl like me for example meant to do?? drive around forever with cracked rubbers???

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I simply don't believe what you've been told!

Firstly, I bought some window channel from CD B last year, secondly although it has a Lotus part no, it's certanly not made by them.

Suggest you get a second opinion - try ordering from Nick Whale in B'ham.

Graeme

i just been on fone to geary at elise parts, he even ordered some of these and has never got any. its beyond a joke that a car under 10 yrs old and they stop making parts for it already. the rubbers on my windows really look bad and make the car look bad because of it.

IS this the part on the front edge of the door windows?

If so mine are not shiny new either, in fact the passenger one goes up and down with the window?!?! :)

Or is that a 111S feature? :blink:

Am certainly interested in some glue to stick it back!

Archived