litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Bedford Track Day Tomorrow-whos Going?

Sol

Hi,

Ive had a look at the Seloc/Connected track day list and recognised some names(Mike-though I know you have a passenger)(!). Anyone else here? Still being a trackday virgin, Id love to come and watch and possibly blag a pax seat at some point. Not only that I know theres one coming up next bank holiday so I would really like to see what happens and shake the fear of me killing myself if I did one! If that was possible, what would I need?

So.....anyone got a spare seat? Or does anyone know if its possible to just "turn up" and watch and what the fee might be? Seeing as I live in Bedford, it seems a shame if I dont go and watch at least seeing as I am recently single with a LOT more time on my hands :unsure:

Go on, you know you want to.......

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sol

I'm not going to this one but have been along to a few to watch and it was OK just to turn up. If you were going to px you'd probably need a helmet and may have to pay a small fee and sign a disclaimer, but the ones that I've been to you certainly didn't have to pay to get in just to watch. I reckon if you turned up and moaned enough someone would give you a px anyway. Omar, Mike, Simon P and Simon G are listed as going so you might me able to blag a px from one of the midlands massiv if you beg enough.

Have fun

Kristian :unsure:

Im on my knees!! PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...etc etc! If anyone has a seat and a vdo camera, Ive got a steady hand...

Have cross posted on Seloc too to maximize my chances. The more I think of it, the more excited Im getting. Just look outside-what a gorgeous day..Im off for a drive.

Update: Im there! Some guys on Seloc have said I might be able to jump in at some point, so Im gonna definitely be there! See you guys tomorrow. :unsure:

Sol,

No problem for some laps with me, even got a video mount you can use as they prolly won't let you use it hand held.

Got my sister sharing the drive with me, not sure how she'll be about pax but you're welcome to pax with me.

Mike

Holding camera is a no-no.

I'm there, not sure how often I'll be on track though.

There will be a couple of other interesting cars offering passenger laps.

A Honda engined Demonstrator

Also the 2.0l PTP engined Gugliemi prepered car.

Sol,

Looked for you about 4 pm but you must have gone. Sorry I didn't get a chance to go out with you, didn't do a single lap by myself all day.

How bout the 1st Lotus day on 13th May?

Good day today, Exige was working well (sorry again for frightening you and your sister Mike).

Shame that Jef had problems with the PTP car but think he impressed a few people with the 2.0l K-series.

Mike, no probs. I had to leave around 4 ish, but had another blast in PhilSs 135r which was bloody excellent. All in all, the day was fantastic, and it was exactly what I needed. Well organised, safe as can be, and fun as hell! Spent the day between 3 cars, the other two being a newbie and David R from seloc who had a stonking S1, so I got a really good feel for the track day thing.

Had a look at the calendar for the 13th(1st Lotus), but sadly theyre all booked up :). The only issue now is trying to sort out some insurance and try to book up for the next Bedford track day. Also want to do a walshy day before I go to train some more..Anyone else planning on going to a Walshy day soon with places still open?

I had a funny feeling that once I went there would be no going back...

Sol - haven't sorted it yet but was going to go on 4th June but some other gets beat us to it. I'd wait and see if 13th is fully booked or not since if you look at the other post only Mike and Scott have paid and Mark (Beefcake) and Spike were interested as well, but they may or may not book. I'll probably try and go on one late summer now I reckon.

Glad you had a laugh at the track day - I enjoyed the first one I went to at Mallory, although I wasn't driving (too chicken).

Kristian :)

Archived