litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Tyres S2 Rear

a7esk

Just looking for two new rear BRIDGESTONE tyres for my s2 ,email bridgestone uk for lotus elise fitment, and has actually changed recently from RE040BZ 90V TO A RE040BZ 90W.IF you ask your tyre supplier to purhase the tyres under ipc (Individual Product Code ) 78343,THIS WILL UNIQUELY IDENTIFY THE CORRECT FITMENT.hope this helps some people out . :D

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

www.mytyres have these for sale for £92ish

Bridgestone Potenza RE 720 225/45 R17 91W

Anyone know how they are different from what I have on at the moment?

Bridgestone Potenza RE040 225/45 R17 90V

Stevie :D

Hi Stevie

I believe that the last number is the load rating and the last letter is the speed rating. ie W is a faster tyre than the V... Just found the page I was looking for V is 260 kph (160mph) and W is 290kph (185 mph) The mph figures are just a guess as cany be bothered to work out the correct figures at this time in the morning..

I dont think I will be going at 185mph in my elise anyway... :D Think I will stick to the slow ones..

Hope this helps

Dave :D

The main thing to look for when buying the OE Bridgestones for your S2 is the DOT code on the tyre. The fronts are easy as the Elise is the only car to use that size of tyre. Rears are a common size.

DOT codes are - Front CFE mmyy, Rear DCK mmyy - where mm is the month of manufacture, yy is the year of manufacture.

It is important to get the correct rears, the VX220 uses the same size Bridgestone, but has a different compound and therefore a different DOT code. I have spoken to people at Bridgestone before and they have not been aware of this!!!

The price i got for the tyres today from tw tyres from rugby £127.50 each fitted.I gave them the codes i got from bridgestone ie RE040BZ 90W .TS TYRES TEL 01788542992 And this is the person i contacted at bridgestone, Andy Daniels

Bridgestone UK Ltd

Technical Co-ordinator

[email protected] THANKS FOR THE ADVICE EDDIE

www.mytyres have these for sale for £92ish

Bridgestone Potenza RE 720 225/45 R17 91W

Bridgestone Potenza RE040 225/45 R17 90V

Stevie  :pepsi:

In normal circumstances the RE040 is a much better tyre, however the Elise is exceedingly particular to tyre choice... hence when change time arrives, i would go for the proper ones.

However, the difference between V and W is as said above, it is a speed thing..... certainly not necessary to have W rated as V is good for up to 150 mph, but hey!

Hello Eddie and cheers for this. Might be useful as one of my rear tyres isn't looking great it has to be said. By the way, didn't see you at Donnington but thought I saw your car!

Kristian :)

They probably have some tread on them :D

Oh very clever Rich! :)

I think you'll find that more than 1mm tread is excess weight...

Horizon quoted the following prices :-

Bridgestone Potenza 175/55 R16 80V - £ 98.67 each

Bridgestone Potenza 225/45 R17 90V - £133.06 each

Total for set of 4 = £463.46 (includes fitting, balancing and VAT)

:unsure: Went to tw tyres today fri to get the two rear tyres fitted 225/ 45 /17 90w ,They say the reason why they changed to w is the v tyre is discontinue.service good and price all in was £253.80 ,

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to continue the tyre thread, but got two new rears (225/45 17 90W DCK) fitted last night at Kwik Fit in Ashby - fantastic service, upmost care taken and a great price - £250 all in. Mike is the chap to speak to - no connection, just a very satisfied customer.

Archived