Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Scooby Owners

malbon

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, that micra's cool!

Re - Scoob's was gonna get a test drive but the plasticy interior was so pukey decided not to bother, also the garage man kept telling me that the acceleration was amazing even on a normal WRX, even though he saw me pull up in the elise, great baby buggy though, apart from the crappy no split rear seats, they don't even fold down!

I'll stick my my skoda! Might give the Micra the treatment though! :P:D

I wonder if the chap who did that to his micra knew that for less money he would be able to buy a Lotus? I mean WHY OH WHY would you do that????

Also on th scooby note, i heard that they loose 100bhp through the transmission, now that is shite!

TBH I was on the verge of swopping the 111s for an 02 WRX PPP with all the bits on. at my most down point of lotus ownership. I think one of the contributing factors was looking at some of the dwebes on scoobynet. S2K forum is just another world. Huge huge resource like seloc and BCBBS put together.

A number of things ladders. Nothing specific really. Wanted to try a few other cars out and this and that...midwinter showed its downsides...too many miles getting put on...residuals getting hit by newer models....seeing 10 new elises up for sale everyday on pistonheads was kinda scary...and of course having it nicked.

Yes there is a decent forum thanks very much ;)

http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=25

The forum is global and on a massive scale. Come on beefcake get your finger out yer arse ;) but just keeping my finger in this pie cos there is no telling when I might be back. Sooner rather than later I thinky. :(

LOL, i like that Micra too!

I also drove a Scooby and they are fun, quick etc and i'm sure anyone could get in and drive them fast.... but i prefer to have to work a little for my enjoyment, feel like you are involved, and sadly i never got that in a Scooby.

Jon,

How are you getting on with the S2000? I'm still planning on getting one in October but I'm concerned with the number of people on S2ki.com who seem to stuff it into barriers, etc.

I'm getting the post 02 model with the supposedly revised suspension.

Is yours really twitchy in the wet? As you say, straight line speed isn't everything and I'm worried I'll have to drive it like a granny.

Fiona

Its not as bad as everyone makes out... but is a little daunting.

The post 02 facelift is A LOT better, so i really wouldn't be too concerned.

It is twitchy, but be respectful - like you would the Elise - and you shouldn't have a problem.

I test drove a scooby as well during my search for a sensible car (basic definition being more than two seats) and TBH I really liked it. The things that put me off were price, insurance, likelihood of getting it stolen and some of the gets who drive them. Good fun but not so involved as the elise. Kind of felt that a lot of the performance wouldn't really be useable without losing my licence. The interior is plasticky as well. Much better in the icy conditions that I test drove in than the elise though. Not so easy to peel the roof off when the sun's out... :(

Jon,

How are you getting on with the S2000? I'm still planning on getting one in October but I'm concerned with the number of people on S2ki.com who seem to stuff it into barriers, etc.

I'm getting the post 02 model with the supposedly revised suspension.

Is yours really twitchy in the wet? As you say, straight line speed isn't everything and I'm worried I'll have to drive it like a granny.

Fiona

Not bad Fiona. I have an 00 without the revised suspension/increased low down torque but I have driven both and the difference is miminal to say the most. If you can afford it though 02 will be better. The glass screen is all the reason u need ! plastic one is an arse to keep clear.

Overall I like it. It hasn't got the same life changing effect as the liz ! I still dont like the power delivery - i like to just put my foot down and go - not wait for the VTEC. Which means most of the time you can't just blip around - you will be in licence losing territory if u want to be going quick - either that - or your engine will be screaming all the time. Handling is fun. U can't corner as quick at all as there is body roll unlike the elise. I wouldn't say its twitchy but there isn't as much grip as the elise plus there is loads more power - so you have to be sensible when Vteccing in the wet. Saying this - it is a heavy car and doesn't slide around as easy as the elise at certain speeds.

Overall its a good car - I wouldn't give it any awards or anything but its a nice looking fast convertible with decent handling in an otherwise Porsche dominated market. I'd have a 111R if I had the cash. A good thing about this car is that it can do a few things that the liz cant. Not done by me unfortunately

:(

post-2-1080400124.jpg

Archived