litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Trackers

Skute

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"tracker" - 250 + 100 pa. not very impresed with the service though. The RAC one looks good to me because it is a tracker and a camera detector in one for not much more money! worth looking at.

steve

I have the monitor and as far as i know its fine - thankfully ahven't had to use it yet :D

As stated elsewhere, I could probably organise a group buy discount on the Monitor model, would need numbers though...

The RAC one does look like a good prospect though, with the camera detection etc I think it gets costly, the cheaper ones are still GPS based though and cost a touch more than the Tracker. Depends what you want it for I guess... mine was purely to keep the insurers happy and some piece of mind for me B)

Currently Interested:

SST

ipanter

Skute?

Who are the manufacturers of those trackers you're using (monitor + "tracker")?

i saw RAC do a TracStar Protector and Guardian - those the ones you talking about (camera detection etc)?

Whats the one most insurance companies require?

So the difference between those 3 different trackers available on that site are:

Monitor: It "knows" when its being stolen and alerts the HQ. The radio signal is used to find it

Retrieve: You know its been stolen and manually contact the HQ

Horizon: It "knows" when its been stolen and alerts the HQ whilst keeping track of its position with GPS

So monitor is the one they normally request you to have?

I've got the Tracker Monitor. Had a call from them whilst the car was with Bruce being serviced, they thought it was being nicked cos Bruce was securing it properly after their approved fitter had used insulation tape to secure it to the inside of the car. Reassured that the trcaker does work but pissed off they couldn't think of the better method for fitting.

My monitor is held in with duck tape! NICE!! Seems the the "approved" fitters arn't always all there cracked up to be!

SST your pushing your luck a bit not having yours fitted yet! Insurance company will take great delight in not paying out should it go missing.

I was under the impression that there wasn't a lot of money to be made on the trackers (for the fitters). Wouldn't have thought the group discount would be much???

It may not be that much, but if i can save £50 - £75 on one, then surely its worth it???

Std fitted price seems to be £450, i reckon i can get it for less fairly easily, and the margin may not be that great, but if the place gets to do 5 then they may be more interested etc.....

Archived