litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Two Things

transglobal

you must be kidding. If you do try, make sure you leave the nut very loosely still on the hub or if the wheel does come off, you'll knock your teeth out with the force when it flies off :)

I put my back out trying to yank mine off (ooO-Er) before I gave up 2 days later and bought a puller

As above, i re_fitted the new wheel one notch out, and my wheel is off to the left but I can't be arsed to put it right.

My A-Level maths stretches about as far as agreeing with the 10 degrees thing. If you got it off by 9 notches, you'd be a quarter of the way round right? = 90 degrees. The size of the hub would only increase the distance this 10 degree mark was from top dead centre. if the earth moves ten degrees, and you are standing on the equator you'd have shifted fucking miles.

God i even bore myself sometimes

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You go for it and let me know what happens!

You've now got me as confused as yourself re this spline thing. If you have a boss measuring say 6 inches diameter, 36 splines on that would have to be set closer together that 36 splines on a boss, say, 12 inches diameter. Right? If the boss was 20 inches dia then the splines would have to be wider again. They have to be. If you start from the centre of the circle and measure 10 degrees either side of the vertical and draw your line up to the edge of your boss, the gap between the vertical and where your 10 degree line meets the boss will vary depending on the size of the boss. 10 degrees is 10 degrees no matter what the size of the boss but the 10 degrees is measured from the centre of the boss. The further out you go from the centre the greater the gap when you meet the outside circle.

You're talking to a guy who passed his o level in techy drawing here!

Right I'm off for a lie down.

Archived