litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Yearly Insurance Grind

Steve J

So it's about that time of the year again when all the companies I phone either won't quote or try to charge over £1000.

Tesco can't be persuaded that I don't need a tracker (they say the underwriter wants one).

Direct Line also want a tracker

Liverpool Victoria won't insure Fiona

Norwich Union "Quote me fcuking happy" won't insure

Everyone else I've tried quoted over £1,200

Just about to try Adrian Flux

and Elephant

Any other suggestions?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right,

Had a few more.

Adrian Flux = £755.79 (£520 without Fiona B) )

strange how when I mentioned the 15% discount for MLOC members they said that it already included it. They must be psychic as I didn't mention anything until after the quote!

Elephant wouldn't insure when I phoned as I have modified the car with a Hurricane, even though their online quote was £558

Prestige = £900

Frizzel = wouldn't quote as Fiona is under 30

Esteem = same as Frizzel

This is starting to annoy me. :P

Odd - I was insured through frizell last year when only 26! This year it was cheaper for Emma to insure the elise with Diamond and me as named driver, and I insured her Seat - saved us over £1000

Steve

The quote you got from Adrian Flux sounds good to me. I am 40 ish :) , clean licence, full no claims, unlimited mileage, non modified Liz, my named driver is also 40 and Liverpool victoria (frizzell) gave me the best quote of £790. All the rest, (most of which you have tried) either wanted a tracker or where quoting over £1000.

Blimey - NU direct quoted me happy - £640 IIRC and I was 26. Perhaps its the mods? Although they later said I could add mods at £60 a pop?

Elephant seemed ok but really f**ked me off on the phone so I refused to go with them (company car no claims drama).

How about gettting Fiona to insure through Diamond with you as a named driver?

- edit to say 'whoops' the Diamond idea had already been suggested.

Our problem seems to be either Fiona being under 30 or the Hurricane.

Am I being too honest in declaring the modification as that seems to either bump up the quote to double the original or they say that they won't insure.

Surely there are loads of elises with hurricanes?

Best one today was Budget who thought £1,673 was competitive ;)

Tempted to go with Elephant at £558 and keep quite about the (sshh you know what).

Surely if we have an accident then we get it towed home (remove the H) and get it repaired.

If it gets nicked, then some thieving git added it after they stole it ;)

Do we have a preffered Insurer or is that Adrian Flux?

Perhaps I ought to ring Horizon. They seem to be able to everything else at a reasonable cost :)

My insurance is up soon as well, all these names, elephant, frizzel, esteem,

would one of you kindly attach the number to ring to speak to them, im with AON at the Mo £440 with 5K per year mileage, but thought i'd shop around

I am with admiral www.admiral.uk.com 0800 600 800 or on the web

Moved to admiral from Adrian flux as their quote was about £200 cheaper for me, also they provided a beter price for my second car (with class 3 business cover) so moved that also. Although had been happy with Adrian Flux till got the Elise which they just could not compete with.

If I remember they are part of the same group of companys as one of the others mentioned above but target the following.....

quote " Admiral was launched in 1993, with the aim of offering lower premiums to more people. We don't just insure people who are traditionally seen as safer drivers. We are interested in people who currently pay high premiums, that is, young drivers, performance car drivers, people who live in cities and often a combination of these! " un quote

My car is a standard S1 111S but I would be interested if some one that has a hurricane fitted gets a quote from them as I am looking at few mods and it would be useful to the differance.

HTH

john

forgot to add the recomended that I put my G/F name on as a second driver as this would get me a beter price....

And no tracker require, at least I have not seen it any where mentioned or asked about one, only thatcham Alarm + Imob required.

Archived