litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

New Horizon

Black Swan

You may all know I had a bit of clutch trouble last week, stop sniggering at the back Master Bates, and everyone seemed to be busy and could not fit me in, stop that Bates.

Anyway someone pointed me to Horizon ( http://www.horizonmotorsport.co.uk/ ) and Mike and his lady came round and collected the car Sunday and dropped of a 106 loaner.

Collected the car this afternoon, even though it was ready yesterday, and not only was it fixed, but it was clean and I got a coffee and a walk round the workshop and history on some of the interesting stuff.

10 out of 10 Mike and a fair price. Had also got me a price for fixing the nose following the removal of the tow hook through the f/glass by the friend(!) who towed me home.

Will still have the scar on the 29th, have to find a way to get the grill back in case I pick up a bird on the way, Bates, stop that!!

Anyway, Mike has a good workshop, clearly knows his stuff (not everyone could look after an elise with 310bhp) and has a bit of time to talk you through any work you are planning, like 16 bhp from a new cam at a very reasonable price on a non vvc head.

Go on, you know it makes sense, and well done Mike.

Peter

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too busy looking at the broken nose to walk round the back Wuddie? Rear window behind driver. Put first on in the middle, but it distorted the view through the only usable bit of the glass. lol.

£82 for an A service has to be teriffic value. Mike did say he was going to have to vat register soon which will add the old 17.5%, but will still be good value.

Have you used Mike b4?

Nah it was the first time i had used them..and i was extremely impressed.

Know what you mean about the mloc sticker think i might have to move mine...but then of course people dont see them :clap:

Archived