litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Le Mans Trip

Mr G

Hello, got a few responses to a thread on the BBS about organising convoys down south from the East Midlands for anyone going to le Mans with Race Speed or anyone else...

Suppose a good way to start would be to see who's going from round here, then agree a date and a start point!

B)

Mr G

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hiya Mr G, welcome to MLOC B)

I'm going on the Wed night along with some guys from NORLOG, and hopefully meeting up with some guys from SELOC on the way down.

At the moment I'm not sure of any time's yet - I think we are planning to get the Ferry at 7pm from Dover? although not sure yet?

Kris H will also be going, but forgotten when he was planning on going B)

Anyway hopefully we can get something sorted out!

Dave

Cool. I've got details for another guy who posts on the BBS. As mentioned, a start date will give me an excuse for another tread on all of the web sites... B)

I would be happy to organise everyone and send out e-mails/maps etc.....

Mr G

Kris H will also be going, but forgotten when he was planning on going  :(

Clear the roads on Thursday chaps - might be safest. :P

Am going on the Thursday anyway, probably going to try to get the ferry from Dover at about 5pm which seems to be one of the options now, according to the form which we have to fill in. Not sure about best route from here though - thinking A45, M1. Doesn't seem that clever to travel to East Mids from here and then head south. Don't know about best route to Dover though - pig of a place to get to from here.

Going with a mate who has to drop his Mrs off at the airport that morning so probably looking to get going Thursday late morning ish. Am told it's about 4-5 hours to Le Mans on the other side, so expect to be screaming in to the camp site in the middle of the night Thursday/Friday. That'll be popular then :D

Might be worth a rendevous point somewhere around MK???

Kristian :D

Le Mans Convoy

OK, general concensus is that the Thursday would be the best day to start the convoy. Just need a meeting place and a time. Can we hook up with any others on the way?

If we assume that we are all going to get on the 5pm or 7pm ferry from DOver, what would be a good start time and location?

Richard :)

Right, well I'm already booked on the 5pm ferry. Best bet may be to convoy on the other side. Should be loads of folks on these crossings, although from looking on SELOC quite a few are doing the eurostar thing.

I am told that radar detectors are illegal in France though. How rubbish is that?

If anyones going on the weds, let me know!

Kris, yes they are illegal, so make sure you hide it well B) Also if you get stopped turn it off as they have detectors that will set them off when they serch your car!

Plus, just dont speed! It was bad enough when I got fined, but if you get fined and get points as well! :clap:

Archived