litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Hurricane Fitted!

Scott_Mac

... it was a breeze, the alledged pain in the ass bolt, came off without problem...

Took about 45 mins total and i wasn't expecting it to make much of a difference... but waahey, the first time i started it up, it sounded great and now i've driven it round a bit, its even better!

Well chuffed!

Highly recommend them, even as a way of making the std car sound better its a cheap and good start! Looking forward to getting the TB, CRP and Sports Zorst in too... should sound even better then!

Cheers to the g/f, who with her super small hands was able to reach the vent easily etc...

post-2-1075666995.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done. I didn't find that bolt a problem either once I realised that I had the wrong spanner. Doh! The second airbox was a bitch though. Well worth the effort though IMHO.

Kristian B)

Proper cars don't have 2nd air boxes... B)

Haven't acquired the TB yet off my mate so couldn't fit that at the same time, which was a bit of a pain.... not too bad though i guess, shall sort it ASAP!

Demo available Dave... B)

Indeed, it may be loud.. especially as i have the loudest exhaust out there apparantly B) I love the noise the Hurricane makes though... its wicked!

I did opt for a silenced cat pipe as i'm not totally mad - contrary to popular belief! B)

Proper cars don't have 2nd air boxes... :(

Haven't acquired the TB yet off my mate so couldn't fit that at the same time, which was a bit of a pain.... not too bad though i guess, shall sort it ASAP!

:P

Arse. Proper cars don't have plastic TB thingies. Proper cars which need to get through type approval may have second air boxes if they're a bit loud without.

Point taken... i'm replacing the TB ASAP though :P

Have just been out and got video footage of the Hurricane noise... shall try and post it on my website tomorrow if i get chance to extract the good bits :(

Archived