litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

How the hell do i add a picture?

I must confess to being a complete computer numptee and need some help to do my avatar.

I've been into my controls and clicked on the avatar button and selected to choose a picture from my pictures.....no problem.Seleted a picture clicked on update my avatar but it keeps coming back with an error message about it being bigger than the limit set or something like that.

Someone please help.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nick,

Your avatar must be no bigger than 90 pixels by 90 pixels in size. Uploaded avatars from your computer must be no larger than 20 KB.

The following file types are allowed: gif,jpeg,jpg,swf,png

You will need to re-size a picture to fit within the above guidelines.

Try again :(

Gary

Nick,

Your avatar must be no bigger than 90 pixels by 90 pixels in size. Uploaded avatars from your computer must be no larger than 20 KB.

The following file types are allowed: gif,jpeg,jpg,swf,png

You will need to re-size a picture to fit within the above guidelines.

Try again ;)

Gary

I'd figured that much out Gary but how do i resize the pictures.

When i say im a computer numptee i really, REALLY mean it. :(

There are probably a million diff way to do this, if you have Office Installed you can open the photo in Microsoft Photo Editor and resize from there (Under Image, Resize) or alternatively open in Microsoft Paint and choose Image, Stretch/Skew and just drop the 100% figure down to 50% or something. Not as nice, but it does the job.

There are probably a million diff way to do this, if you have Office Installed you can open the photo in Microsoft Photo Editor and resize from there (Under Image, Resize) or alternatively open in Microsoft Paint and choose Image, Stretch/Skew and just drop the 100% figure down to 50% or something. Not as nice, but it does the job.

Thx Dan.Took me awhile but i got there in the end. ;)

Can't wait till my boy is old enough to show me how to work these damn things. :(

Archived