litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

People Trying To Race

JAMES

It never fails to surprise me when people insist on proving that the gene pool is in need of a damn good clean out.

Have had my fair share of plonkers trying to prove that they are the biggest idiot on the stretch of road. Usualy just hang back a little to allow for their mistakes or some truely stupid over taking maneuver.

Now I know some cars in the modern car fraternity are made to have lots of show, but no go. But any half brained car driver knows that a Lotus badge just isn't one of them. So why do Corsa's and Punto's insist on trying to do the traffic light challenge !!!!

Had a few fun races before now but usually only with other nice cars where you can tell the owner is proud of their car and unlikely to do something too silly.

Good idea with the flaming exhaust, I find dump valve hiss also tends to get a reaction too.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had a few youg idiots decide to have a go :lol: .

I must say my general view is back off obviously and let them go.

However a few months back I did just that at some traffic lights on a dual carriageway.

I was in the right hand lane at the lights with a line of slow traffic on my near side.

Guy pulls up behind in a Maxed Power golf :( . It's quite obvious he wants to push me on green. So I pull away half throttle to clear the traffic on my nearside and pull across. The idiot in the golf thinks it's a race tries to pass me before I have fully moved over so he goes through a pile of loose chippings off track and guess what it's out with the touch up stick! :D:clap:

So may be there are times when blasting them off your tale is may be the better option! :jet:

Dave B)

Got to admit Dave...there are few better cars for easily achieving a 0-60 time than an elise .

if cars get too close then i often just blip away and then slow down to the limit again just to let them know that i don't like to be taken from behind :clap: ooer

Archived