litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Handbrake covers....whats yours look like?

Dave-hp
Go to solution Solved by Dave-hp,

Ok, so my 2006 S2 has no handbrake cover. Looks like that's how most come out of the factory. Gear shift has the standard perforated leather. Im looking at the option of getting a HB cover, preferably to match the gear leaver cover, looking to keep it as OEM as possible. 

What have other owners done with their handbrakes? Aftermarket to match? Or a set to swap out for a new look?

Nearly all I have seen go over the top and outside. Any neat ones that tuck inside the HB slot?

Show us what you got.......

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered mine online from Lotus for my S2 Exige is same part for Elise 111r. Part number A120V0172J from SJ Sportcars, Elise Parts Lotus dealer. Cost £90 plus vat.

IMG_0511.thumb.jpg.b54115602a1925be18ddab5eda7e13a4.jpg

9 hours ago, Pete_72 said:

I ordered mine online from Lotus for my S2 Exige is same part for Elise 111r. Part number A120V0172J from SJ Sportcars, Elise Parts Lotus dealer. Cost £90 plus vat.

IMG_0511.thumb.jpg.b54115602a1925be18ddab5eda7e13a4.jpg

I like the look of that. It would match my current gear cover. What holds it in place? Clip inside?

Lotus double sided tape on the flaps over console (They are already attached to gater, peal and stick) Also sits ok without sticking them the flaps are stiff enough.

• Solution

IMG_4192.HEICIMG_4191.HEICIMG_4190.HEICIMG_4189.HEICIMG_4182.heic

New cover arrived today. Cost over £100 with vat and delivery, but its a genuine Lotus, not a copy, so it matches the gear cover perfect.

Fitted after a quick removal of the 2.5mm grub screw for the handle. 

Very pleased with the look. I didn't like the gaping hole and the handbrake exposed. Thanks for the tip Pete.