litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Upgrades Review

Snapper

As some of you may know, I recently had a Stage two Sports Exhaust fitted to my S2 Exige by Nick Whales. Then went to Scotland for the weekend.

I have to say after doing almost a 1800 miles, that although its load I just loved it, except for sitting on the motorway. At a certain constant cruising speed the drown got a bit much.

I have to add that when your on cam and using the gears it was just fantastic.

I also much prefer the look and style of the two outlets on the underside of the car compared to the original exhaust pipes. I always thought that they looked like two straws stuck up it arse.

Since then I have got Nick Whales to fit the ITG Induction Kit as well. It's a very tidy installation.

I was concerned that with the extra induction sound it would be to much on top of the stage 2 sports Exhaust. But I glad to say that it hasn't worked out that way.

If anything it does not seem to have increased the noise at all. It has just changed the note slightly through most of the range. The best bit is that at motorway cruising speed the drown that got a bit much has been smoothed out.

But when driving in the power band and on cam it just sounds orsum. But the best bit is that the whole car just seems more responsive through the range and more willing to get going.

I would highly recommend the Stage two Sports Exhaust & the ITG Induction Kit as a package to anyone considering it as a possible upgrade.

I am not saying that I am tight with money , but I have considered it money well spent. My Exige now sounds like it should do and feels better for it.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Simon,

I've had the stage 2 exhaust fitted to my new 111R and according to several informed opinions it is to loud as it is for most 98db tracks and that's without the additional ITG induction kit.

Daz

To be honest that side if things does not bother me to much.

But I will try and get it noise tested at some point and let you now what db it runs at.

Anyone know where I can get this done near Birmingham?

Archived