litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Photo Shoot For Classic Cars Magazine

GlenWad

Hello Lotus enthusiasts

I'm organising a huge photo shoot for the next issue of Classic Cars magazine, all about the most popular classic cars of all time. I'm looking for a tidy, original-looking (unmodified) rear-wheel drive Elan (preferably in a bright colour) to take part.

The venue is Bruntingthorpe Test Track near Leicester on Wednesday August 24. We'll be starting at 9am and the shoot will take most of the day.

In return I can offer a fun day out with like-minded enthusiasts, the thrill of seeing your car in print, you'll be fed and watered and the magazine will cover the cost of your petrol.

If you'd like to take part, please call me on: 01733 468221 (office), 01933 461276 (home) or 07808 400877 (mobile); or email: [email protected]

I look forward to hearing from you. With best regards,

Glen Waddington

Features editor, Classic Cars magazine

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Glen

Yes Paul Matty is the best main dealer in the area for classic Lotus, but I'd talk first to Pat at Kelvedon Motors, Bourne Road, Spalding, 01775 725457. Pat has a long history with original Elans (he used to race them) so even if he doesn't have the right car, he would know someone who has.

Can't wait for the October issue BTW!

Isn't Glens post directed at US enthusiasts rather than nip down any dealer and pick the best showroom model available ??

Surely a bit like Readers Wives magazine (if they still do it), where you get to "promote" your lady in public :clap:

I've got a an '83 Eclat Ecxel Glen if all else fails :)

Car went to Le Mans this year so a bit of history and sponsored by some on here at 1p per mile to do it, no outside servicing allowed, top up of oil thats it.

Magazine article ??

Think we have a few piccies from the members.

Bob

The October edition, available from Newsagents from 7th September will have a cover story about affordable modern classics. 6 cars were selected.

And the centrepiece is a certain silver S1 Elise. So yes, Readers Wives (or at lest their mistresses).

However, for the cover shot, the car will be two-timing, as it will be Glen's manic grin from the driver's seat!

Of the 6 cars, Glen wanted real owners cars - only one was sourced from a dealer.

Bob

The October edition, available from Newsagents from 7th September will have a cover story about affordable modern classics. 6 cars were selected.

And the centrepiece is a certain silver S1 Elise. So yes, Readers Wives (or at lest their mistresses).

However, for the cover shot, the car will be two-timing, as it will be Glen's manic grin from the driver's seat!

Of the 6 cars, Glen wanted real owners cars - only one was sourced from a dealer.

Cool, just checking - thanks for the vid BTW :)

Sorry can't offer an Elan but I know that Paul Matty had a couple of nice ones the other week. one of the ones I saw looked like it had just come of the production line.

They also had a Lotus Cortina in the same condition.

I can offer a modern classic, Series 2 Exige to compare Lotus's best handeling cars old and new together :)

Archived