litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Buying 111r

atte

Going to test a one year old 111r at Nick Whales on saturday. they have provisionally offered me 10.000 for my w reg 111s. It needs an A service, pads ,tyres and two discs in the next couple of months. just wondered what peoples thoughts were? :(

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Going to test a one year old 111r at Nick Whales on saturday. they have provisionally offered me 10.000 for my w reg 111s. It needs an A service, pads ,tyres and two discs in the next couple of months. just wondered what peoples thoughts were? :(

Have a word with, or PM RobS on here - launching imminently a new Lotus Dealership for Stratstone in Milton Keynes. Therefore likely to be offering some keen deals to get things off the ground.

He's one of us, lives locally, owned his S1 Exige about 4 years and all round good egg etc. Also put together an excellent track day at Donington last weekend where a few of us were able to try 111r's & Exiges on track. Shame he didn't know about you!

To be honest doesn't sound very good.

8 months ago I was offered £12K for my standard S1 against a new Exige.

If I was you, I would do the jobs that need done and sell it privately!

that was going through my mind . was just thinking of the hassle factor and convienience

that was going through my mind . was just thinking of the hassle factor and convienience

It's money mate!

You earned it!

at 10k someone's going to be getting a stonking deal. I just paid 12k for my 1999 111s and I think I did OK. I agree with the above - selling it privately isn't going to take much effort. and you should get another couple of grand for it if it's in good shape. Think of it this way... It might take the equivalent of 2 day's work to wade through the hassle of a private sale. Dunno about you, but I'd clean the overtaking lane of the M1 with a mop and bucket at rush hour for £1000 per day :puke2:

at 10k someone's going to be getting a stonking deal. I just paid 12k for my 1999 111s and I think I did OK. I agree with the above - selling it privately isn't going to take much effort. and you should get another couple of grand for it if it's in good shape. Think of it this way... It might take the equivalent of 2 day's work to wade through the hassle of a private sale. Dunno about you, but I'd clean the overtaking lane of the M1 with a mop and bucket at rush hour for £1000 per day :wacko:

Has the M1 still got one of those overtaking lanes??? :puke2:

Remember one should be able to get £2k off a new exige with a good bargaining, therefore a demonstrator or other newish one should be less than that. I know 2 peeps who got £2500 off a new car each, the extra £500 each was because they were buying 2!

Going to test a one year old 111r at Nick Whales on saturday. they have provisionally offered me 10.000 for my w reg 111s. It needs an A service, pads ,tyres and two discs in the next couple of months. just wondered what peoples thoughts were? :puke2:

Call Jeff Canton at Stratstone in Leics (formally Storm of Leics). He gave me a cracking deal on my new 111s (over £3k of list) which beat the internet offer on price and speed of delivery. IMHO he is nice bloke who deals. As for 10k for yours? Sell it privately you will make more. Good luck

Yes you are all right! i suppose this is the good thing about a friendly forum like this you have all replaced my dad :) i know i was thinking of doing something stupid i just needed it confirming (several times) :)

OK, son.

If you want to be REALLY clever, sell your Elise privately, NOW! You'll catch the last of the summer impulse buyers.

Then if you can bear to be without an Elise, buy the new one for cash in late Sept, when there are 100's for sale on Pistonheads, SELOC, Autotrader etc. Registration change, full stocks of trade-in's at the garages and the end of summer - chance to pick up a bargain.

But the heart may tell you otherwise.

Archived