litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Advice On A New Steering Wheel

AL G

Morning,

Has anyone bought the suede "Sparco Ring" from elisparts ? They do it for about £100 which seems reasonable (Demon Tweeks seem to be pretty good too, and they charge £116)

I'm just a bit worried about the size. . My old MOMO is a chunky 300mm - but everything I'm looking at on t'internet it 330. )

Also considering a OMP Trecanto (might be able to get this in 300mm - but have never heard of the brand ? - concerned about quality - suede wear and tear)

There are no boy racer places in Sunderland that actually stock anything in suede that I can go and see in person so have to rely on pictures on the net. .

Any words of wisdom ?

Cheers :lol:

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't do it!

S1 Sport 135's came as standard with a red & black alcantara trimmed steering wheel. It would have looked good once, in the showroom and the alcantara on the boss is great. However, around the rim (ooerr!) it gets grubby very quickly and takes on a horrible tacky quality - made worse coming baclk from LeMans in the blistring heat: regular applications of sun cream and the residue on hands just about finished it off.

I'm considering getting mine re-trimmed in leather (not the boss) - enough said.

Thanks Graeme . .

Elise owners don't tend to have the cleanest hands after all - I will take your advice . .

Getting mine recovered in leather again hadn't crossed my mind - have you looked into that done at all ? Cost / where etc ?

p.s. mine is some type of mOMO effort, but the grey leather is well fooked . . The wheel itself is really nice though probably about £150's worth in its day.

You got me thinking now - . . :lol:

Archived