litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Road Angel Ii

sootysteve

Someone was telling me about a device that detects/is aware of SPECS camera's, but also tells you what you need to keep your average speed at in order to avoid a ticket ?

Would be handy for the new roadworks on the M1 just before Leicester Forest services !!!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That would be nice!!

Not sure of anything at the mo though, but guess it is perfectly possible

Trev - RA2 won't do quite the same as the S6 as it doesn't have Radar built in.... Radar is however becoming illegal to track soon so not a major concern, also the majority of cameras are surely laser or GPS based? I know that you can log "blackspots" on the RA2 which could be areas were camera cars etc hang around....

The advantage of having radar is that you can tell which fixed cameras are live - GPS just tells you where they are.

Are there any police/ contractors still using radar for mobile traps now?

Its not me selling - i'm just a go-between for an internet reseller :P

But AFAIK it comes with the laser adaptor that sits on the dash - no idea on the number plate thing - is that the spray stuff???

Thought I'd add my 2p's worth after just going through the same decisions:

1) laser jammer has 2 laser transponders, 1 mounted front & rear. But following a recent court case in Scotland if you are caught with one by the fuzz you are highly likely to be charged with obstruction of justice

2) All laser & radar 'detectors' are likely to be outlawed next year - hence snoopers new tv advert for their gps only system.

3) For less money - £270 is the cheapest i've seen so far - you can buy the new Tomtom 300 which not only tells you where all types of camera are (subject to database accuracy) but gives you full gps navigation as well.

I went for running Tomtom on my pocketpc - just costs £120 for software and antenna, but had to spend a whole weekend making a bracket to fit it in the car. So far it has picked up every camera I've been passed as well as the mobile sites.

The TomTom software is nowhere near as good or accurate as the Road Angel etc.

It's only as good as the database behind it...

Quite correct, but TomTom is Sat Nav as well. Saves having an armada of gizmos on the dash if you can get a 2-in-1, particularly if you want to switch between cars. TomTom + a cheap radar detector + laser jammer should be everything you could possibly need.

Ah, but i am getting a phone with Windows Mobile on it and you can use the GPS output from the RA2 to work as the receiver for it... so you only then have a phone and a detector unit in the car but have sat nav and top notch radar detection :P

Oh and as for everything you could possibly need... where is the coffee as you get in, back massage and a blow job as you drive?!

still thinking bout it scott, dont wanna speak too soon but never needed it yet!  :-(

hope that werent the kiss of death.

Went on a little trip to Brum at the weekend and my RA2 picked up two lots of new fixed cameras that wern't there last time. So as far as im concerned its paid for it self easily :wacko::)

Archived