litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Ferrari Red Letter Days?

Ladders

Hi all!

For my birthday I received one of those Red Letter Ferrari Experience days.

Just wondering if anyone had been on one before and what they were like?

I have the choice to drive either a 308, Testarossa or a 355 (although I'm not sure whether I have the choice of the 355 :lol: )

So not sure which to choose? I think I'd prefer the 355, but If i can't should I go for the 308 or Testarossa? Magnum or Johnson? :D

Cheers

Dave

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive driven a 308 and a 355, and the 308 is cool for old-school supercar and living out childhood fantasies type stuff, but the 355 is better for blowing your socks off in a modern day supercar... ...Not been in a testarossa

Given the choice of driving one or the other again (on track, because on the road, I would jump in the 308 and put on a big fake tash and magnum it up! ) I would go for the 355.. its far easier to drive and more accessible performance; I think you can get more out of it; the 308 would likely feel a bit antiquated coming from an elise too!..

Its odd, in the 150k or less price bracket most of my mates lust after a ferrarri, but having had a go in some spangly supercars at various times, I think of the bunch I would go for a fast 911.. much easier to drive fast (despite the "widdowmaker" hype) and more civilised/accessible on the road too

One mate did a driving day at silverstone and drove a 355, 993 911 turbo, and an elise s1 (std, not 111s, 160 or anything)... His favourite was the elise, which he loved, second was the porsche and third was the ferrari... The only thing that changed the order was a mate brought a 911 2.7 RS along and let him drive that afterwards, and the grin factor pushed the newer porsche into 3rd (although he still favours the elise, and I think given time to gain confidence and push harder he would soon get v.scared of the RS! )

Whatever you choose for your day, you will have a lot of fun, and even climbing from a super-car-killer like an elise into one of these cars (on a nice expance of track) you will be impressed

b :D

Hi all!

For my birthday I received one of those Red Letter Ferrari Experience days.

Just wondering if anyone had been on one before and what they were like?

I have the choice to drive either a 308, Testarossa or a 355 (although I'm not sure whether I have the choice of the 355 :D )

So not sure which to choose? I think I'd prefer the 355, but If i can't should I go for the 308 or Testarossa? Magnum or Johnson?  :lol:

Cheers

Dave

i did a ferrari red letter day at thruxton, about two years ago ... great fun but the highlight was the singlr seater formula renults we went in at the end, you will probably find you will get that aswell...... have fun :D

I did one at Enstone (an airfield in Oxfordshire) last week. I drove a 996, a 355, an Impreza, an RS4 and an Elise. The 355 was disappointing to be honest - great acceleration but horrible interior and totally unconvincing brakes - it wandered around so much it was a bit un-nerving.

The Elise, on the other hand, was unsuprisingly brilliant. So much so that I've just been and bought a lovely little 111S in titanium with a burgandy roof :P but enough of that for now.

I wouldn't recommend the Enstone event (if that's on your list of options). They only let you drive up and down a straight run on the airstrip. Great to feel the acceleration and braking performance, but no good to feel how the cars handle.

If you can get a proper 'track' event, then it might be more fun. As for which car, well the 355 is pretty easy to drive (in a straight line...) but they'll probably not let you chuck any of the cars around, so maybe the more challenging 308 will be more entertaining?

Well done Mr Belowski! Good choice! :P

To be honest, I'm not sure if I can do the 355?, so far I think it's going to be the 308 but still not sure?

Hopefully they let you do more than pootle around the track? We shall see! :P

To be honest, don't expect too much. Even on the airfield they were excessively careful and precious. I'm told that, on track, they tend to be even more cautious. Shame, but it's understandable I guess. You never know how good a driver the customer's going to be and they can't afford to keep digging the cars out of the dirt. If you want to feel the speed, acceleration, and braking then go for an airfield one. If you want to chuck it around then I think you might be out of luck

As for my new baby, well, I'm going to have to wait a week before I get my hands on her. It's not taxed, the mechanical inspection's not due till tomorrow, so I can't get an insurance cover note to buy the tax in time for the weekend :P.

Might get it by Saturday but I'll not hold me breath. Then I'm in Sweden for a whole week so the wait will probably kill me

Archived